DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to rollback Mavic firmware

alright after much trial and error finally figured it out. U can't downgrade to 700 directly somehow on the older mavic made before 8/27/2017. You need to instead downgrade to 4.000 instead and then u downgrade to anything. It's weird but trust me it works. If u do 4.100 to 4.000 then the thing won't freeze on stage2.bin. It works. Also make sure to set the tcp ip before doing it.

To give a step by step direction without watching the video, do the following: Go to:
GitHub - jezzab/DUMLdore: Firmware Upgrade/Downgrade/Backup Tool V2.12
download dumldore 2.12 by clicking clone download zip
download
GitHub - cs2000/DankDroneDownloader: A Custom Firmware Download Tool for DJI Drones Written in C#
download dl tool click clone download zip
unzip both. Open assistant, go ahead and refresh and reflash the 4.1.1000 just to make sure everything is fine in case u were messing around like me and corrupted it. Then open dumldore while assistant is open. Go to the DL TOOL and download mavic pro 4.0000 under mavic pro dropdown. Store this on desktop or where u know where it is.
go to network settings and find the NDIS device while mavic on and connected to computer and then set tcp ip setting ip4 settings to 192.168.42.3
Load 4.0000 in dumledore then close assistant flash and click yes to anti-rollback it. then go through until end close it and open assistant. u may have to flash several times if it stops at 64% like it did for me. but instead click no on antirollback since u already did that. Should work. Don't use 3.700 but instead 4.000 first.

I did everything like said but now it gets stuck at stage2.bin.
start over, its a less than ideal exploit. I dont know the duml protocol very well, or try dumldore's implementation of my bug

jcase nice job man i got it to 4.000 successfully but you can't go directly to 3.700

The remote downgrade took like 2 seconds and there was no status bar. Hope it works. Not sure how it was so fast.

Ok so i have 3.700 on both remote and aircraft but still have the 500 m restriction. Did i do something wrong? Screenshot_20180105-175234.png Screenshot_20180105-175458.png

On windows open cmd
Set directory to where you have put DUMLrace.jar
I put DUMLrace in c:\ for easiness so just CD.. to go upto c:\
java -jar DUMLRacer.jar AC (for aircraft)
java -jar DUMLRacer.jar RC (for remote)

Well after failing to get anywhere with the Dumbldore tool I went old school and used DOS to run the exploit, the issue I was having with the tool was that it hung on stage2.bin.

Optimistic as ever I ran the JAR file in DOS as per HH's post and once again it completed stage1.bin and then just hung on stage2.bin for what seemed like an age.

Seems I have a Mavic that simply wont take the hack., Im getting there, just need to keep trying and hoping someone else has a similar issue and a fix.

If u read my post i said if u rollback to 4.0000 first it wont pause at stage 2 bin then u can rollback to 3.700 later and u dont have to anti rollback just click no when flashing 700

If u read my post i said if u rollback to 4.0000 first it wont pause at stage 2 bin then u can rollback to 3.700 later and u dont have to anti rollback just click no when flashing 700

I'm on the latest version (100) which stops me rolling back to any version so I have to do the anti roll back defeat which doesn't work as I said

The defeat will work if you load 4.000 instead of 3.700 it worked for me id ont know why but it does. The defeat wont work on any earlier than 4.000. I had 4.100 i tried 3.700 for 3 hours like ten times it froze on stage 2 but then i did 4.000 and it worked right away try it please

The defeat will work if you load 4.000 instead of 3.700 it worked for me id ont know why but it does. The defeat wont work on any earlier than 4.000. I had 4.100 i tried 3.700 for 3 hours like ten times it froze on stage 2 but then i did 4.000 and it worked right away try it please

Gave that a try, if i load then flash the file in Dumbldore and open assistant my quad just refuses to downgrade, it just shows the normal screen under firmware. as for why it freezes, Digdats video shows it clearly working after he has upgraded to 4.100, oh well one more try

so u successfully got past stage2.bin this time? so u open assistant and nothing happens. Same thing happened to me. u have to click around in the assistant go to black box click back etc several times, or reopen assistant several times, eventually it will show updating.

Well after failing to get anywhere with the Dumbldore tool I went old school and used DOS to run the exploit, the issue I was having with the tool was that it hung on stage2.bin.

Optimistic as ever I ran the JAR file in DOS as per HH's post and once again it completed stage1.bin and then just hung on stage2.bin for what seemed like an age.

Seems I have a Mavic that simply wont take the hack., Im getting there, just need to keep trying and hoping someone else has a similar issue and a fix.
I had to run it 3 times, if you don't get dots & flashing leg leds after 2 minutes of stage 2 starting close & try again

Reactions: Exphantomflyer
so u successfully got past stage2.bin this time? so u open assistant and nothing happens. Same thing happened to me. u have to click around in the assistant go to black box click back etc several times, or reopen assistant several times, eventually it will show updating.

No I didnt get past stage2 at all mate, I just tried

Following your guide, didnt work
just flashing with 0000 didnt work

No matter what I do I cant get the quad to start downgrading it just does nothing

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RYNOGOD