DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to rollback Mavic firmware

Anyone have success rolling back 1.04.05 firmware? I tried flashing to 1.03.0700 in Dumbledore v3.0 and v3.15 - I get a success messages both ways, but when I re-connect my Mavic, I'm still stuck with 1.04.05? NOTE: I don't get the defeating anti-rollback message, it goes straight to loading the bin and then flashing.

Follow this exactly, i had the same issue and rolled back.

The ALT restriction was done via these steps, if you have a mavic with no SD installed originally, you must do these CAREFULLY or you will end up like me spending ages figuring it out:

1. Using DJI assistant 2 latest version, flash your drone to latest version

2. Open your mavic and insert a 4GB or 8GB (not higher) SD card, you must remove some glue. Format your SD card before insertion.

2. Use NoLimitDronez app, flash down to next version beneath (1.4.400)

3. Keep flashing lower step by step via NLD firmware manager

4. Flash until 1.3.900, that is the last version which will let you remove ALT restriction.

5. Go to "Flight Controller" in NLD app, and click remove altitude restriction, click apply mods

Now you can fly higher than 500 M ;)

Anyone have success rolling back 1.04.05 firmware? I tried flashing to 1.03.0700 in Dumbledore v3.0 and v3.15 - I get a success messages both ways, but when I re-connect my Mavic, I'm still stuck with 1.04.05? NOTE: I don't get the defeating anti-rollback message, it goes straight to loading the bin and then flashing.
500 down to 300 or 200 or 100 first before you go to 700,and note please when u go to 700 some fw still read previous fw, its okay, u can edit parameter as 700 fw, but after that try to re flash with 04.0200 or 100 or 300 with modul edited first

Just flash it THREE times!... use dumbLdore 3xx... it WILL work! No need for SD card first.. If you do not have one add it later....

Just flash it THREE times!... use dumbLdore 3xx... it WILL work! No need for SD card first.. If you do not have one add it later....

It wont work, you can flash it without SD card, but when you try to take off you will have SD CARD ERROR, not allowing you to take off.

I think I bricked my mavic. First of all, I would like to thank everyone who is pursuing this venture. For me, it is either roll back or get a non-dji drone. This geofence is killing me. I live right next to a big hill where there's a coyote den and other interesting things to look at. Geofence has me restricted to 195 AGL. which doesnt' get me where i want to be. So, out of desperation I ventured to downgrade to 01.03.0700 so I could enjoy my drone. After using Dumledor it looked as if I had success. I was able to reconnect to Assistant 2 and it displayed 01.03.0700 as current version. Wooo HOOO. However, that was the end of my jubilation. Now, I have a Mavic that wont connect to anything. Remote, computer, anything. I'm thinking of just getting this fixed somehow, and buying another non-dji drone. If anyone has any ideas I'm open to them. Furthermore, I think it would be beneficial to streamline this process. Looking through this thread there's too much yeah that will work, and oh no, dont do that. I understand this site is not really supporting this, but man lets get some basic information that we can all agree on. For example, do I need to open the drone? That would have saved me this fiasco.

Last edited:
I think I bricked my mavic. First of all, I would like to thank everyone who is pursuing this venture. For me, it is either roll back or get a non-dji drone. This geofence is killing me. I live right next to a big hill where there's a coyote den and other interesting things to look at. Geofence has me restricted to 195 AGL. which doesnt' get me where i want to be. So, out of desperation I ventured to downgrade to 01.03.0700 so I could enjoy my drone. After using Dumledor it looked as if I had success. I was able to reconnect to Assistant 2 and it displayed 01.03.0700 as current version. Wooo HOOO. However, that was the end of my jubilation. Now, I have a Mavic that wont connect to anything. Remote, computer, anything. I'm thinking of just getting this fixed somehow, and buying another non-dji drone. If anyone has any ideas I'm open to them. Furthermore, I think it would be beneficial to streamline this process. Looking through this thread there's too much yeah that will work, and oh no, dont do that. I understand this site is not really supporting this, but man lets get some basic information that we can all agree on. For example, do I need to open the drone? That would have saved me this fiasco.

Hi mate, i had exactly the same issue as you.

Follow these steps exactly and your mavic will work again, with no limits!

The ALT restriction was done via these steps, if you have a mavic with no SD installed originally, you must do these CAREFULLY or you will end up like me spending ages figuring it out:

2. Open your mavic and insert a 4GB or 8GB (not higher) SD card, you must remove some glue. Format your SD card before insertion.

4. Flash until 1.3.900, that is the last version which will let you remove ALT restriction.

5. Go to "Flight Controller" in NLD app, and click remove altitude restriction, click apply mods

6. You can keep flashing down to 1.3.7 if you wish, but 1.3.9 should get rid of all the flight limits via NLD app.

Hi mate, i had exactly the same issue as you.

Follow these steps exactly and your mavic will work again, with no limits!

6. You can keep flashing down to 1.3.7 if you wish, but 1.3.9 should get rid of all the flight limits via NLD app.

Sounds great. However, my mavic will not interact with anything. Without opening the drone, how would I go about figuring out if I have an SD card installed or not. The drone is relatively new, and under warranty, so opening it up is going to be a last, and final effort to rectify this situation.

Sounds great. However, my mavic will not interact with anything. Without opening the drone, how would I go about figuring out if I have an SD card installed or not. The drone is relatively new, and under warranty, so opening it up is going to be a last, and final effort to rectify this situation.

What is the serial number on your drone? it should be where you insert the battery.

DJI SERIAL DECODER

Type it into there, and let me know what it says, then i can figure out if you need to open it or not.

sn#08q2f6c0010040

Send me a private message mate, i will help you get this running again, your mavic is built on June 2018, which means you will need to open it and insert SD card.

I spent days trying to get mine fixed also with the same issue, until i finally resolved it.

Reactions: OzoneVibe
Thank you to Yousuf110. I now have my mavic back to square one=latest firmware. Opening the drone is something I may look into, but for now I'm happy Wilbur is soaring again.

Reactions: Yousuf110
@rickw - thank you, that did the trick! Sorry, was reading so many different threads I'm sure I missed it here. Rolling back to prior version (from 1.04.05 to 1.04.04) worked.

Thanks again to all the helpful members here. Love my Mavic, look forward to flying it again.

I haven’t had the pleasure of trying to downgrade from 0500 but suggestions are you use the assistant to get it down FW by FW to the lowest in the assistant list. Then DD should work, that said I’ve had no luck with DD and prefer to use the JAR tool to defeat the anti rollback

Ok I’ll get the MP out and have a play

Hope this helps someone in the same situation.

I was able to get from 1.04.0500 to 1.03.0700 on a Mavic Pro Alpine (no internal SD card) without messing with the hardware. Here are the steps I followed:

* SUCCESS: single step down from 1.04.0500 to 1.04.0400
* SUCCESS: single step down from 1.04.0400 to 1.04.0300
* SUCCESS: single step down from 1.04.0300 to 1.04.0200
* SUCCESS: single step down from 1.04.0200 to 1.04.0100
* SUCCESS: single step down from 1.04.0100 to 1.03.0700 <--- NOTE the big jump - got stuck when I tried single step to 1.04.0000

NOTE: I am currently using Dumldore 3.10 in Windows 7 compatibility mode - not sure if other versions would work, but I have them all loaded into separate folders.
NOTE: I was able to flash each step above in a single try (did not need to reflash 2x, 3x, etc)

Here's also what I learned didn't work for me:

* NO JOY - multistep: Could not go from from 1.04.0500 beyond previous firmware (i.e. tried 1.03.0700, 1.04.0100, etc) in a single step
* NO JOY - Tried multiple versions of Dumldore & tried flashing 2x, 3x, etc
* NO JOY - Got stuck after using single steps down 1.04.0000 - would not recommend rolling back to 1.04.0000
* FIX - re-loaded new version of Assistant 2, used Assistant 2 to load latest firmware (1.04.0500) back onto Mavic - this was my new starting point

NOTE: Firmware on mavic is 1.03.0700, able to change parameters, but my controller has not been rolled back yet and will not let me fly. Still working on this, but wanted to share progress.

Hope this helps someone in the same situation.

I was able to get from 1.04.0500 to 1.03.0700 on a Mavic Pro Alpine (no internal SD card) without messing with the hardware. Here are the steps I followed:

* SUCCESS: single step down from 1.04.0500 to 1.04.0400
* SUCCESS: single step down from 1.04.0400 to 1.04.0300
* SUCCESS: single step down from 1.04.0300 to 1.04.0200
* SUCCESS: single step down from 1.04.0200 to 1.04.0100
* SUCCESS: single step down from 1.04.0100 to 1.03.0700 <--- NOTE the big jump - got stuck when I tried single step to 1.04.0000

NOTE: I am currently using Dumldore 3.10 in Windows 7 compatibility mode - not sure if other versions would work, but I have them all loaded into separate folders.
NOTE: I was able to flash each step above in a single try (did not need to reflash 2x, 3x, etc)

Here's also what I learned didn't work for me:

* NO JOY - multistep: Could not go from from 1.04.0500 beyond previous firmware (i.e. tried 1.03.0700, 1.04.0100, etc) in a single step
* NO JOY - Tried multiple versions of Dumldore & tried flashing 2x, 3x, etc
* NO JOY - Got stuck after using single steps down 1.04.0000 - would not recommend rolling back to 1.04.0000
* FIX - re-loaded new version of Assistant 2, used Assistant 2 to load latest firmware (1.04.0500) back onto Mavic - this was my new starting point

NOTE: Firmware on mavic is 1.03.0700, able to change parameters, but my controller has not been rolled back yet and will not let me fly. Still working on this, but wanted to share progress.

Hi mate,

Follow this exactly, i had the same issue and rolled back successfully.

Thanks - confirming this worked (with Dumldore). I have an Alpine White Pro - had to open the case and drop in an SD card. I used a 16GB sandisk (straight out of the shrink wrap).

Using Dumldore 3.10 I was able to take firmware down to 1.03.0700 without the SD Card (1.04.0500 to 1.04.0400 step by step to 1.04.0100 then single step to 1.03.0700), but got the Main Controller error once I connected. Left it at 1.03.0700, opened the case, dropped in the card, and re-flashed 1.03.0700. Worked perfectly. I was using 1.04.0500 for the controller and I got "IN NFZ" on the controller display panel but it still let me fly (I think it was confused about its location). Using Dumldore 3.10, reflashed bird to modded 1.04.0300; rolled back controller to 1.04.0300 via Assistant 2 and I get no errors now on controller or app.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998