DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to rollback Mavic firmware

Awesome! Good luck! here is my experience :)

I tried everything with my MPP (first owner upgraded to .400 :(.. )
Gave up and decided I would try a older unit... I bought a damaged unit and after repair, I downgraded to .700 first try... hmmm. One thing is repaired unit had .300 to start with. Maybe thats the diff..

There is a modded 1.4.300 with the limitations removed... i might give that a go... will report back.

This seems to be my situation also, although i did manage to get it a few days ago to 1.4.1000 -, with the - i was able to fly above 500m and everything was good, although it was not stable as i had the RC connection problems every restart and couldn't connect to PC.

I'm pretty sure the older unit you bought had the SD card inside already from the factory. Those who bought them are very lucky.
yes i feel the older mavs will become more and more valuable especially if the mav2 becomes harder to hack, the factory sd card models will be like a unicorn,,,,,haha

There is a modded 1.4.300 with the limitations removed... i might give that a go... will report back.
yes i am using that one, a member here modded it i belive to remove the modules and make it adjustable paramters, i went to 103,700 but i wanted panoramas and that wasnt released will later, i am now running that firware and my bird will never see the internet again and she works great and does every thing i want

yes i am using that one, a member here modded it i belive to remove the modules and make it adjustable paramters, i went to 103,700 but i wanted panoramas and that wasnt released will later, i am now running that firware and my bird will never see the internet again and she works great and does every thing i want

Can you tell me the exact steps you did to make it work? I have the mavic pro which originally came with no SD card, would appreciate it.

I just flashed to it, but im still getting the blinking yellow light not connecting to RC.

Although now i can connect to PC.

Really pleased I decided to have a quick look at the latest posts in this thread. I have been planning to roll back my firmware at some point and have read some early parts of this thread and watched some youtube stuff on Dumldore but had no idea there were two versions of the Mavic Pro. Mine is quite new so will probably not have the internal card so I would have ended up with a problem. As it stands I will have to wait until my warranty expires and then install the required card. So thanks to those who have been posting :)

Really pleased I decided to have a quick look at the latest posts in this thread. I have been planning to roll back my firmware at some point and have read some early parts of this thread and watched some youtube stuff on Dumldore but had no idea there were two versions of the Mavic Pro. Mine is quite new so will probably not have the internal card so I would have ended up with a problem. As it stands I will have to wait until my warranty expires and then install the required card. So thanks to those who have been posting :)

Type your serial number in here man, DJI SERIAL DECODER, if it says built after September 2017 it has no SD.

Reactions: Storyline
UPDATE: FINALLY, WENT ALL THE WAY DOWN FROM LATEST VERSION STEP BY STEP UNTIL 1.3.900, IT WORKS!!!! I cant believe it... it took so long but finally it is done. I am never updating or connecting it to internet again.

If anyone needs specific help updating their mavic which comes with no SD card, to remove limitations let me know.

I used NLD to downgrade each version until 1.3.900.

Reactions: genesimmons
UPDATE: FINALLY, WENT ALL THE WAY DOWN FROM LATEST VERSION STEP BY STEP UNTIL 1.3.900, IT WORKS!!!! I cant believe it... it took so long but finally it is done. I am never updating or connecting it to internet again.

If anyone needs specific help updating their mavic which comes with no SD card, to remove limitations let me know.

I used NLD to downgrade each version until 1.3.900.
awsommmmmme dude, fl safe and have fun, keep ur device in airplane mode at all times, i suggest using either the modded copy of dji go floating around here or litchi so it wont give u errors stating incompatible firmware

Can you tell me the exact steps you did to make it work? I have the mavic pro which originally came with no SD card, would appreciate it.

I just flashed to it, but im still getting the blinking yellow light not connecting to RC.

Although now i can connect to PC.
to be honest i did it months ago but i foloowed everything this guy said and then asked a few questions here and watched a vid on how to install internal sd card, pretty much everything from utube.

awsommmmmme dude, fl safe and have fun, keep ur device in airplane mode at all times, i suggest using either the modded copy of dji go floating around here or litchi so it wont give u errors stating incompatible firmware

Thanks man, i am using a modded DJI GO boost app, which is offline login, the range it gives at 1.5W FCC mode is crazy, its like flying a different drone compared to normal CE.

Thanks man, i am using a modded DJI GO boost app, which is offline login, the range it gives at 1.5W FCC mode is crazy, its like flying a different drone compared to normal CE.
Hey, did that software actually remove the ALT restriction for you?

Hey, did that software actually remove the ALT restriction for you?

The ALT restriction was done via these steps, if you have a mavic with no SD installed originally, you must do these CAREFULLY or you will end up like me spending ages figuring it out:

1. Using DJI assistant 2 latest version, flash your drone to latest version

2. Open your mavic and insert a 4GB or 8GB (not higher) SD card, you must remove some glue. Format your SD card before insertion.

2. Use NoLimitDronez app, flash down to next version beneath (1.4.400)

3. Keep flashing lower step by step via NLD firmware manager

4. Flash until 1.3.900, that is the last version which will let you remove ALT restriction.

5. Go to "Flight Controller" in NLD app, and click remove altitude restriction, click apply mods

Now you can fly higher than 500 M ;)

(edited)

Not aplico...to this thread
Question was based on DJIGo4 app not Firmware
IMG_20181015_155915.jpg

Last edited:
I need some help
I have a Mavic pro been on 4.1.3 for 17month (since may-17) and Now getting Software Notifaction to update to 4.1.8 and then force shutdown 2 minutes after start
I like what i had very stable just like to keep it any feedback is much appriciated thanks ...cR

if your spelling and punctuation are the worst, you could at least do something about your reading
because the name of the thread is "How to rollback Mavic firmware"

anyway... backup your flight logs and clear all DJI GO 4 data

Last edited:
Anyone have success rolling back 1.04.05 firmware? I tried flashing to 1.03.0700 in Dumbledore v3.0 and v3.15 - I get a success messages both ways, but when I re-connect my Mavic, I'm still stuck with 1.04.05? NOTE: I don't get the defeating anti-rollback message, it goes straight to loading the bin and then flashing.

Anyone have success rolling back 1.04.05 firmware? I tried flashing to 1.03.0700 in Dumbledore v3.0 and v3.15 - I get a success messages both ways, but when I re-connect my Mavic, I'm still stuck with 1.04.05? NOTE: I don't get the defeating anti-rollback message, it goes straight to loading the bin and then flashing.
Think you have to roll back to 1.04.04 first

Reactions: OzoneVibe

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661