DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to rollback Mavic firmware

First get mpp on firmware 04.0300,then instal sd card, then downgrade to 03.0700 stuck 82%,do rc test, conected, and reboot and flash again stuck on 29%, try to connect and see esc eroor can not take off, try to install 04.0200 with dumbledore v 3.10 and did not luck, then i try with dumbledore ver 3.05 and it work great

You all are going about this wrong. Yep. Wrong. Way too much effort, downgrading, upgrading etc.
So you have a Platinum, or New Pro and want to be on the magical 01.03.0700? But you were told you need to downgrade, then upgrade, then esc errors, or.....
Be easy on yourself. Stay on 01.04.0300 and only flash 01.03.0700 flight controller firmware.
1. Open it up an put in a memory card - if you don't, most likely you will get errors unless you have an older Mavic.
2. Download DUMLdore V3.10
3. Download DankDroneDownloader
4. Use DankDroneDownloader and go to Custom and grab 01.03.0700 firmware
5. Use DUMLdore and flash this firmware. It is fast. Want to flash it again? Do so.
Now guess what? You didn't have to downgrade, then upgrade then mess around at all.
Your FC is on 01.03.0700 and now you can mod away.
No, your RC doesn't need to be on the same firmware, unless you are using DJI Goggles and want head tracking.
Yes, you can use DDD to download firmware for your RC. Flash it to 01.04.0300 and leave it.
But...but....we have been told everything different! Yep. Wrong info.
Your welcome.

You all are going about this wrong. Yep. Wrong. Way too much effort, downgrading, upgrading etc.
So you have a Platinum, or New Pro and want to be on the magical 01.03.0700? But you were told you need to downgrade, then upgrade, then esc errors, or.....
Be easy on yourself. Stay on 01.04.0300 and only flash 01.03.0700 flight controller firmware.
1. Open it up an put in a memory card - if you don't, most likely you will get errors unless you have an older Mavic.
5. Use DUMLdore and flash this firmware. It is fast. Want to flash it again? Do so.
Now guess what? You didn't have to downgrade, then upgrade then mess around at all.
No, your RC doesn't need to be on the same firmware, unless you are using DJI Goggles and want head tracking.
Yes, you can use DDD to download firmware for your RC. Flash it to 01.04.0300 and leave it.
Your welcome.

OK.. so i had success doing it the hard way on my MPP from 1.4.300 to 1.3.700... all but the motor current error. So i wanted to try it your way... and well... it works... and a heck of a lot quicker to do. I do still have the motor current error popping up but other than that and the NFZ warning blabla bla.. please ackowledge check box... but i believe these issues (nuisances) are in the 4.2.16 DJI GO 4 app. if im not mistaken?

KUDO's to the faster way to get to the Best Firmware...

After a lot of trying i cant get DD3 to work for me, so i figured i would go old school and use Dumblracer.jar, ive done it countless times and even have a youtube video on it, but now when i try i get this

Choose target port: (* suggested port)
* [1] COM3 : DJI USB Virtual COM (COM3)
[E] Exit
Choose port: 1
Using Port: COM3
Sending upgrade command
Uploading payload 1
Exception in thread "main" java.net.SocketException: Permission denied: recv fai
led
at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead0(Native Method)
at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead(Unknown Source)
at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder.readBytes(Unknown Source)
at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder.implRead(Unknown Source)
at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder.read(Unknown Source)
at java.io.InputStreamReader.read(Unknown Source)
at java.io.BufferedReader.fill(Unknown Source)
at java.io.BufferedReader.read(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.commons.net.io.CRLFLineReader.readLine(CRLFLineReader.java
:58)
at org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTP.__getReply(FTP.java:321)
at org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTP.__getReply(FTP.java:300)
at org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTP.sendCommand(FTP.java:523)
at org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTP.sendCommand(FTP.java:648)
at org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTP.sendCommand(FTP.java:622)
at org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTP.pasv(FTP.java:1045)
at org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTPClient._openDataConnection_(FTPClient.j
ava:895)
at org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTPClient._storeFile(FTPClient.java:653)
at org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTPClient.__storeFile(FTPClient.java:639)
at org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTPClient.storeFile(FTPClient.java:2030)
at com.cunninglogic.dumlracer.Main.uploadFile(Main.java:350)
at com.cunninglogic.dumlracer.Main.main(Main.java:129)

C:\flash>

Any ideas

Fixed this issue, there is a hotfix from MS to prevent this happening in Windows 7

All of the trouble I have been reading here has me spooked . I bought into NLD so I could put older firmware in my drone as the last dji one that went in messed things up a bit . It yaws to the left while hovering and my goggles display will mess up if i yaw to quick . Things still work but not like they did and
I don’t want to brick this thing as it still flys flawless . Plus my laptop is old and might really mess things up .

Reactions: bernek
hi all boys.. i have an mavic pro (no platinum) tagged as born in 10/2017.
i am stuked in downgrade from 01.04.0000 to 01.03.0700 with following errors (and red light): datara recording error and data logger error. the procedure of downgrade is completed at 100%. i can assume a have a internal sd ? now i rollback to .. 01.04.0100 ... how i can downgrade to 03.0700 ?

Your welcome.
Is that because the 01.03.0700 already has #305 & #306 removed? Thanks

ok i’m stukked on 01.04.0000. when try to flash older version dumldore at 15% say complete but remain on 04.0000

Hmm.. I just bought a mavic pro at best buy in Savannah and have only flown it few times Los... No issues no problems however the android app is asking for updating the firmware... Everything SEEMS fine... Should I upgrade? I want to... But everything on the forums has me scared... However, most folks are fine.. Maybe only the issues show up online?? Is EVERYBODY having problems? I'm on a note 8 and my phones a beast and I have and understand android perfectly and running optimally... No issues with my Drone at all that I can see.. Are the "issues" with phones that can't handle the load maybe??? I dunno anything anymore... Except that I'm not updating this second.. I guess I could and still return the drone for another at best buy if there's a problem... I'm still 8nside my 14 days..
Any suggestions

Tried to download the V01.03.0700 from Dank, which was succesful but it issued me with an error message, insisting that I down load it again as the roll back file was either missing or corrupted, but when I went back in to get the version they recommended from the file given. It gave me the same message.

Any ideas or anywhere to get the file without parts missing?

Anyone have luck downgrading from version 1.4.0400?
I recently had to get my mavic repaired. When I dropped it off I specifically said don't updated the firmware. Guess what they immediately did?

Anyone have luck downgrading from version 1.4.0400?
I recently had to get my mavic repaired. When I dropped it off I specifically said don't updated the firmware. Guess what they immediately did?
You have to go down to 1.04.0100 first.. Then you can go back to 1.03.0700

I updated to the latest firmware (V01.04.0400) yesterday and now I'm getting System Warning - Check APP, IMU calibration required. Tried to recalibrate and I get: IMU1, Calibration Failure, Automatic Orientation Error (Error Code -71); IMU2, Calibration Failure, Unknown Error (Error Code 1 & 45); Sensor Bias Too Large....

Tried re-set to factory default and then firmware rollback (0100 & 0300) - then updated to 0400 again - nothing works, same issue described above. Tried update/rollback (aircraft/RC) separately and together - no joy.

Never had this problem before; aircraft never wrecked; problem started when I first powered-on the aircraft/RC after update. Shipping it back tomorrow.

Brad

Used NoLimitDronez to downgrade from v01.04.0400 to v01.04.0100, and then up to 01.04.0200 and the NLDApp to remove NFZ from the AC. At first it appears to work. There is a TFR centered on Bedminster NJ the past week which resulted in a NFZ for most of NJ. It appeared to work initially but mysteriously on Sunday, the NFZ reappared and the AC refused to fly as it is in NFZ. My home is actually right on the 30 nm border and I'm only flying indoors anyway, so I tried the NLDApp to remove the NFZ. I think the app replaces the NFZ file in the AC with a blank one or so I thought. After the 3 reboots that indicate end of patching, I powered up just the AC and placed it on and connected it to just the bare RC ( no phone ) and wait for the GPS ready, which comes within a minute and says ready to fly. Now I wait a bit longer just to be safe - but wham - the in NFZ message reappears on the remote controller screen. Since no DJI Go app is running - the NFZ must have existed in the memory of the aircraft. I flashed the 4.02 firmware and applied the NLD NFZ patch a couple of times , all with the same result.

This clearly indicates either:

a) that the NLDApp was not successful in replacing the NFZ file in the AC with a zero'd DB. ( How can this be? The patch was applied successfully with 3 reboots observed)

b) The temp NFZ from the TFR may not be in the regular NFZ database file which NLD should have patched.

The only way to remove the NFZ was for me to downgrade all the way to v01.03.0700, and use the control parameter, which then works. This is a real shame as I really wanted to use a recent v01.04.xxxx version with just no NFZ since the TFRs are going to be a common occurence in NJ for some time, and I don't want to try a mix module version which would have resulted in a loss of precision landing capability.

Last edited:
hi all boys.. i have an mavic pro (no platinum) tagged as born in 10/2017.
i am stuked in downgrade from 01.04.0000 to 01.03.0700 with following errors (and red light): datara recording error and data logger error. the procedure of downgrade is completed at 100%. i can assume a have a internal sd ? now i rollback to .. 01.04.0100 ... how i can downgrade to 03.0700 ?
Hello,
maybe because you don't have the sdcard installed inside the drone on the flight controller board. I don't know if the issue is the same as the Mavic Pro. Btw the.700 writes data flight recordings on an sd card instead of the internal memory of the drone. The old version of the firmware maybe cannot find the sdcard to write to IMHO.

Short question(s) - i rolled back to the .700 firmware on both - RC & AC.

Now i become a "Data recorder Error" message on my ipad and the mavic can not start the motor. All other functions (Gimbal and Cam) are ok and work.

I searched a lot on the web. Will this error mean that i must open the mavic to put some SD Card in there?

The next question is - can i use the lastest DJI App Version 4.2.24 with the rolled back firmware? If NOT, how to install an older App Version on the ipad? AND where can i find the BEST oldest iOS Version of the DJI App that will work together with the .700 firmware?

Will this complete rollback work together with the latest LITCHI Version?

Questions over questions :oops::oops::oops:

Last edited:
Hi! is is possible to restore Backup from an other bird/Mavic ?
Calibration, Parameters, settings, are stored in backup?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929