DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to rollback Mavic firmware

tested and works great... constantly moaning at me about Firmware Update lol i can live with that.

Only problem now is that Camera will not auto focus correctlyo_O

Is this autofocus issue really permanent or videos and photos can still be properly focused ?

leads me to to another question , i've been reading along some posts of this thread, but still confused : that "how to" on first page really enables to rollback to older firmwares which can help bypass the 500 meters limit ...even if your MAVIC PRO is on the latest firmware right ??

because on other threads i read that DJI blocked that ability and that if you're on a new firmware you cannot any more roll back

can someone confirm ?

Is this autofocus issue really permanent or videos and photos can still be properly focused ?

leads me to to another question , i've been reading along some posts of this thread, but still confused : that "how to" on first page really enables to rollback to older firmwares which can help bypass the 500 meters limit ...even if your MAVIC PRO is on the latest firmware right ??

because on other threads i read that DJI blocked that ability and that if you're on a new firmware you cannot any more roll back

can someone confirm ?
DJI did implement a "anti rollback" for firmware 1.04.0100 and above. It really didn't take long before the OGs fixed that problem :D
So to answer your question, yes even on the latest firmware you can downgrade your mavic pro with DUMLdore.

that's great,

Thank you Mike

what about that focus issue ? is it permamnent and can we still shoot videos and photos in focus ?

that's great,

Thank you Mike

what about that focus issue ? is it permamnent and can we still shoot videos and photos in focus ?
I've never had any kind of focus issue do to downgrading the firmware. It is common for the sensors to stop working after.. Just reinstalling the firmware will fix that. Sometimes not everything sticks the first time.

Hello.

Some videos says if I have a new Mavic Pro or Platinum I need to install an SD card inside, we need to dissasemble the drone.

I've just bought a Mavic Platinum, it's being shipped now. It's supposed to have a 16GB SD card for video on it.
Is it the same card we need to add or there is another card inside?

Some videos says if I have a new Mavic Pro or Platinum I need to install an SD card inside, we need to dissasemble the drone.

I've just bought a Mavic Platinum, it's being shipped now. It's supposed to have a 16GB SD card for video on it.
Is it the same card we need to add or there is another card inside?

Different card. The one shipped with the MPP is in the outer SD slot (for recording video/photos), easily accessible from the outside. The SD slot you need to load other firmware is inside the Mavic body and you must partially disassemble to get to that slot.

Reactions: skan
Different card. The one shipped with the MPP is in the outer SD slot (for recording video/photos), easily accessible from the outside. The SD slot you need to load other firmware is inside the Mavic body and you must partially disassemble to get to that slot.

I guess I'll loose my warranty?
Is there any possibility my new Mavic is coming with the SD internal card as well?
Can we modify the height and NFZ limitations without installing that card?

I guess I'll loose my warranty?

Everyone claims that but it's simply not true (in the US). Read here for more details about this:

How Sony, Microsoft, and Other Gadget Makers Violate Federal Warranty Law

"To be clear, federal law says you can open your electronics without voiding the warranty, regardless of what the language of that warranty says."

DJI is a Chinese company and pushing them to honor a US warranty is not a guarantee. It's illegal in the US to deny a warranty claim if the consumer opens an item. They could still deny a claim and then you'd have to fight to have them honor it.

From the FTC:
The latest word on warranties
https://www.ftc.gov/system/files/documents/federal_register_notices/2015/05/150522mag-mossfrn.pdf

Is there any possibility my new Mavic is coming with the SD internal card as well?

Not if it is a Platinum.

Can we modify the height and NFZ limitations without installing that card?

Not without downgrading the FW to .700 or lower and you can't do that on a MPP without installing the card.

Last edited:
Everyone claims that but it's simply not true (in the US). Read here for more details about this:

How Sony, Microsoft, and Other Gadget Makers Violate Federal Warranty Law

"To be clear, federal law says you can open your electronics without voiding the warranty, regardless of what the language of that warranty says."

DJI is a Chinese company and pushing them to honor a US warranty is not a guarantee. It's illegal in the US to deny a warranty claim if the consumer opens an item. They could still deny a claim and then you'd have to fight to have them honor it.

From the FTC:
The latest word on warranties
https://www.ftc.gov/system/files/documents/federal_register_notices/2015/05/150522mag-mossfrn.pdf

Not if it is a Platinum.

Not without downgrading the FW to .700 or lower and you can't do that on a MPP without installing the card.

Look at this thread:
DJI Dashboard - How To tips and tricks *MAVIC* - RC Groups

it says:
The OG's have released an unlock for firmware 1.04.0100!!!!

This is brand new and thanks to the work of jcase, we have a working unlock for those stuck on 1.04.0100 and also works on 1.04.0200, but works best on V01.04.0100. jezzab has incorporated this unlock into the latest DUMLdore V3!!! This makes the process really easy to do, and is being *tweaked* as I type this right now.

Then don't we need to downgrade anymore?

Not exactly. Read up on mixed firmware.
OK, yes, I've just read a little bit an viewed some videos.
I've understood we need to flash firmware .700 and then flash the newer firmware but removing previously modules 305 and 306.

Do we need to modify anything else?
Can we do the upgrade with any newer version?

It would be great to be able to do everything without needing to downgrade and without needing the SD card.

Do I need to patch the remote controller with the same version than the drone?

If you brick it... Can you reflash?

Do I need to patch the remote controller with the same version than the drone?

It is wise practice to do so. There are unknown/unpredictable effects of operating with different FW versions on the RC and the Mavic. You can flash with normal RC firmware though, as all the restrictions/issues are typically on the aircraft's FW and not the RC or goggles FW.

If you brick it... Can you reflash?

If you "brick" it, then no. That's what "bricking" something means - you can't do anything with it any longer (i.e. you now own a "brick", rather than a usable object).

The good news is that it is basically unknown for someone to brick their Mavic by rolling back the firmware. I, personally, haven't heard of it, though others may have a different experience. Typically, if a downgrade/upgrade "hangs" (gets stuck), you can simply restart the process and continue the upgrade/downgrade where it left off. Many people have gone up, down, forward, backward in their FW, with nary an issue. Many times it can get "stuck", but disconnecting, shutting down, and then restarting the process generally resolves that. Watch the videos, listen to digdat0, and read up on the process as much as you can and you should be fine. I've done it innumerable times to multiple aircraft without a single glitch. The one precaution I do take is to use a small fan to blow on the underside of the Mavic during the process, to avoid overheating. Probably overkill, but it's simple none-the-less.

Reactions: skan
The flash firmware with mixed module 305 & 306 broke the RTH functionality partially and completely the precision landing functionality.
I tested the .400 and .700 modules 305 & 306 with the .1000 firmware.
In all cases, for the RTH, the nose of the Mavic don't orientate to the initial position. So it's a minor problem but it's mean RTH is less secure.
For the precision landing, the function is completely unusable. At take off, we can select the Precision Landing function with .700 ( missing with .400) but on landing, it's inoperative.

On stock .900 you have only the height removal limit, but the sport+ is partial (horizontal vmax is not moddable)

On stock .0000, the parameters are the same as .1000 : height removal limit not changeable (500 m. max), sport+ v-asc and v-desc at 8 m/s

Finally, the stock .0000 is correct. (dynamic home point is a good thing in this fw)

Do we still have these landing problems (even using the latest Dumldore)?
Any solution?
What is the best version to upgrade to?

I want to downgrade to v01.04.0300

I understand the steps shown in the video to downgrade the aircraft, but do I need to do the same with the controller?

Dumldore Tool I have downloaded (last version) is commpletly different from the one used in the video for windows OS.

Thanks in advance.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent