DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to rollback Mavic firmware

Thanks, but didn't work for me. Everything is good, but still have ESC errors.
I've seen a lot of people having ESC errors with the platinum. They don't seem to like to be modded at all :/
I don't have a MPP so I'm unable to help. Best of luck I hope you can figuring it out.

I'm testing all options.
1) Stock 1.04.0100. No motor error, Active track (Y), Picture modes (Y), Lands slowly (Y)
2) Stock 1.04.000.but used duml to unlock anti roll back. No motor error, active track (Y), picture modes (Y), lands slowly (Y).
3) stock 1.03.07.

Last edited:
i downladed this file and installed it and works great, i now have pano mode and height restrictions gone, thanx mike, u the MAAAAAAAAN

Attachments

• PAN33.jpeg
    6.2 MB · Views: 102
i downladed this file and installed it and works great, i now have pano mode and height restrictions gone, thanx mike, u the MAAAAAAAAN
How did you get there? Start with 1.03.07? Mavic Pro or platinum? How did you flash..dumldore?

mav pro but i had to do the sd card inside it, must be newer than nov 2017, i went to 103,700 first but i dont think u have to, i went to 103 then to 104,000 modified and now to 104,200 and this is where she will stay till i lose her or crash her haha, i used dumldore but i struggled with it, first pc wouldnt open the app so got another pc and it finally opened then was straight forward after that, i didnt like opening her up and doing the sd card but glad its done, after i got the down graded firmware i use my main laptop a mac air and i have assistant 2 1.2 installed and modded it with the js file hack and then i could change the parameters i wanted to, for some it may be easy but i struggled but got great info on here and shes all done now, i have a nice flying bird with no limits and pano mode and goggles when i get them, great info on here for sure

Cannot get rid of the "Motor Current Error" on my MPP.
Test / Method / Motor error / Active track / Picture modes / Flashing notes / F W shown / Mod parameters?
Factory DJI 1.4.010 DJI Assistant 1.2.0 / No / Yes / Yes / Smooth / 1.4.0100 / No
1.4.0100 DUMLDore hack DUMLdore / No / Yes / Yes / Smooth / 1.4.0100 / No
1.4.0100 to 1.4.0000 Java Flash / No / Yes / Yes / Smooth / 1.4.0000 / No
1.4.0000 to 1.3.1000 DJI Assistant 1.2.0 / No /Yes / Yes / Smooth / 1.3.1000 / No
1.3.1000 to 1.3.0700 DUMLdore / No / No / No / Smooth / 1.3.0700 / YES
1.3.0700 to 1.4.0000 w/0 305-306 DUMLdore / YES / Yes / Yes / Smooth / 1.3.0700 / YES

After three attempts from 1.4.0100 to 1.3.07 and back to 1.4.0100 w/o 350/306, I get Motor current error. It's not "over current" error, just motor current error. I even got it while descending.

weurd it almost seems like the mavic platinum has a special firmware for itself only, have u tried the 104,200 that a user here shared, i am using it and seems great so far

oh geeze i hope i did not screw up...

i am using dumledore3...and my mavic has 1.3.1000

i am flashign directly to it 1.4.300 with 305 306 and 905 removed...it's flashing as we speak...33%...nerves..

Reactions: Rnl
nicepano! where is that? and what file did you download??
i got 104,200 from a local piolot here, its working good, i have pano mode and no resrictions, works great where did u get 104,300 moddified, share your results when u test her out, i am happy with 200 but would like to keep 300 in case i have issues in the future i live in bc canada that pano was in my home town, background was nothing great i wanted to try pano so i walked to my local field, this pano i took today was planned haha

Attachments

• PAN35.jpeg
    6.3 MB · Views: 84
i got 104,200 from a local piolot here, its working good, i have pano mode and no resrictions, works great where did u get 104,300 moddified, share your results when u test her out, i am happy with 200 but would like to keep 300 in case i have issues in the future i live in bc canada that pano was in my home town, background was nothing great i wanted to try pano so i walked to my local field, this pano i took today was planned haha
Wow, fantastic photo!! What altitude did you take that pic?

If the 200 goes well, I do not recommend that you upgrade to 300, there are no important improvements.
I'm in 100 and I'm not going to update until something good comes out.

If the 200 goes well, I do not recommend that you upgrade to 300, there are no important improvements.
I'm in 100 and I'm not going to update until something good comes out.
ya 200 is working great, i would have stayed with 100 but i wanted panos, i luv my mav now,it was fun before but now its awsome, the images above the clouds were worth the effort for sure

armando - This is my first post here on Mavic Pilots. I signed up just to encourage you! :) I also have a MPP and have been looking into modding it.

I've done plenty of reading and have figured out that the mix and match method won't work on Platinums. ( but I'm certainly no expert )

I know that older firmwares need the SD card to write flight data to, and won't take off without it. But I was HOPING that we could just rollback to 0.700 ( not take off ) edit flight parameters, and then upgrade to 01.04.0000 ( minus the 305,306 modules ), and that it would work. Sadly, it doesn't. I saw a reply on one of digdat0's videos where someone tried that. Didn't work. He had to update everything to latest to get his bird flying again. Don't think he had an SD card installed though.

So it seems that installing an SD card is the ONLY way to mod the Platinum.

So good luck to you! I will be watching your progress :)

Although, I do hope that another method for modding the Platinum pops up soon.

If you don't mind me asking, what are you planning to mod once you are able? ( you'll get no judgement from me ) I just want to remove the height restrictions. I live in the mountains so 500m is a significant limitation. I also want to play around with the speed a bit. I don't like how slowly it descends. At the very least, I'd like to to descend just as fast as it ascends. Other than that, I just don't want to ever get stuck in DJI JAIL ;)

Again, good luck. I hope everything goes smoothly for you and please come back to post about your experience modding your Platinum :)

i did open the case of the drone and put a empty SD card to the slot and use the dumldore 3 and 2.12 try to downgrade the firmware to 1.03.0700 but not succeed up to now. Any other method to do it?

ya 200 is working great, i would have stayed with 100 but i wanted panos, i luv my mav now,it was fun before but now its awsome, the images above the clouds were worth the effort for sure
Panos
i did open the case of the drone and put a empty SD card to the slot and use the dumldore 3 and 2.12 try to downgrade the firmware to 1.03.0700 but not succeed up to now. Any other method to do it?
Format the sd FAT32?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky