DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to rollback Mavic firmware

has anyone with modded software tested the nfz removal?? i will say first off this isnt why i modded my mav i was more interested in the altitude mod, i did change the nfz as described in the video so i decided to test it out, i porposly went to a area i know is nfz. i turned on the mav and rc and all seemed good said gps mode then all the sudden nfz mode came up and locked me out, tried litchi and same thing, not that it really matters i was just curious if any one has had any issues modding this, does the app store nfz info and maybe its the app over riding my settings? not sure

7-zip wont let me delete a module from the archive. I worked a few days ago. I just redownloaded 7zip and the BIN and it still wont let me. Any suggestions?
I right click on the bin file, right click, open archive.
Then select the file to delete.
Then when i delete it 7zip says Error deleting file or folder, Not implemented.

Extract for folder and then delete what you want....and compress again to ( tar )file...after you down just change to bin....

Alrighty then...I just did the full 1.3.7 then 1.4.000 with missing 305/306.
I now have a fully functioning MPP with no restrictions, but can use the advance flying modes like active track, and the photo modes spiral, dronie, and spiral. Yea, almost....
Now getting motor errors when flying. Not sure why. I did the full 1.4.000 and it was fine but when I use 1.4.000 without 305/6 it gives motor errors.
For now, I think I'll live with the small pop up to have a fully working mavic, RTH is precise, slow, can climb to 2000ft, and espically active track (need to follow a boat), and the picture modes. I'm 95% satisfied.
The only thing left to try is 1.4.0100 without 305 and 306. Humm. Not today. Then I can also try a working 1.4.000 and then flash only 305 and 306 from 1.3.7 and see if it's different.

Alrighty then...I just did the full 1.3.7 then 1.4.000 with missing 305/306.
I now have a fully functioning MPP with no restrictions, but can use the advance flying modes like active track, and the photo modes spiral, dronie, and spiral. Yea, almost....
Now getting motor errors when flying. Not sure why. I did the full 1.4.000 and it was fine but when I use 1.4.000 without 305/6 it gives motor errors.
For now, I think I'll live with the small pop up to have a fully working mavic, RTH is precise, slow, can climb to 2000ft, and espically active track (need to follow a boat), and the picture modes. I'm 95% satisfied.
The only thing left to try is 1.4.0100 without 305 and 306. Humm. Not today. Then I can also try a working 1.4.000 and then flash only 305 and 306 from 1.3.7 and see if it's different.
do u have a copy of the modded 104.00100, thats when pano mode was in there, thats what i am looking for, i also am on 104 000 and seems good but no pano mode which i luv,

Extract for folder and then delete what you want....and compress again to ( tar )file...after you down just change to bin....
So, I extracted all, deleted 305 306. Then selected all the remaining files and then right click and under 7 zip, select "add to archive". Then in the Archive menu, select tar from the drop down and no other options?

Thanks.

do u have a copy of the modded 104.00100, thats when pano mode was in there, thats what i am looking for, i also am on 104 000 and seems good but no pano mode which i luv,

I might try it later. For some reason, 7 zip wont let me delete the modules. It worked two days ago. I'm researching it now.

Here's 104.00200 that I'm running, no problems.. without 305&306
[snip]

Last edited:
i am loading her up as we speak haha, veery nice day out, hope she goes smooth and ill take her for a flight

hmmm got an error while loading it up, gonna try it again, still connected to the rc but showed 104 000, gonna try again

ahhh 2nd time the charm haha, thanks mike i thinks its going to work, do the parameter settings u change stay even thru a firmware change, i loaded up assistant 1.2 on my mac where i do the parameter changes and it showed all the same changes i made in the prior firmware, i just wanted to check it before flying

awsome i just tested her out and pano was there and all my settings were there, awsomeeeee thanx so much mike

Yeah when updating the firmware with the missing modules, it just skips over them. Therefore nothing will change ;)
So, just checking here. I currently have a MP running FW .550. iOS app updated to the latest version.

If I download your 1.04.0200 FW bundle and update my AC and RC, will I:
1. Lose the ability to unlock max height? (Currently the only mod I have enabled)
2. Be forced to use NFZ databases? (Really the only thing I'm worried about DJI forcing on us, unless I'm missing something big)

Thanks for all your work!

So, just checking here. I currently have a MP running FW .550. iOS app updated to the latest version.

If I download your 1.04.0200 FW bundle and update my AC and RC, will I:
1. Lose the ability to unlock max height? (Currently the only mod I have enabled)
2. Be forced to use NFZ databases? (Really the only thing I'm worried about DJI forcing on us, unless I'm missing something big)

Thanks for all your work!
Modules 305&306 contain the parameter info. So if you updated to the newer version with those modules missing, it will skip over it, leaving the older modules. that allows you to still modify the parameters as you wish (hight, speed, NFZ etc..) and have the features of the newer firmware..

Last edited:
So, I extracted all, deleted 305 306. Then selected all the remaining files and then right click and under 7 zip, select "add to archive". Then in the Archive menu, select tar from the drop down and no other options?

Thanks.
After you done everything...and file be to (tar) you just rename like ( dji_system.bin)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji