DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to rollback Mavic firmware

wow i have read all 52 pages of info,, i decided to try this and roll back my firmware to 700, i ttied it on my mac with no luck so i tried my little net book running win 7 ultimate, when i go to the github and download the zip the application wont open, it doesnt look like a exe file, i tried all the compatibility modes and no go, my netbook is a 32 bit system could that be the prob? does anyone have the exe uncompressed they could post here, i really want to try this, thanx so much

Success! I was able to roll back the firmware on my Mavic Pro Platinum to the release I was looking for. I'm going to try to provide as much detailed information as I can in my post, but please bear in mind that this was only my experience and may not be accurate for everyone, however because I had to piece together information from several sources, I thought that I'd put everything into a single post for everyone else who might be running into the same issue.

Here is where I started:
  • Mavic Pro Platinum built in November of 2017
  • Shipped with firmware version 1.04.0100
  • Updated to firmware version 1.04.0200 before first flight.
Here is what I used:
Here's how I got it to work:
When I first started the rollback process, I was trying to go from the current 1.04.0200 back to the 1.03.0XXX version and got a wide range of errors spit back at me. When I began to step backwards with the firmware releases, the process became longer, however it was successful. I know that this process will be the subject of much debate, however this is what worked for me. Here is how I stepped backwards in the firmware downgrades.
  1. v1.04.0100
  2. v1.03.1000
  3. v1.03.0XXX - This was my last firmware downgrade
After each downgrade of the firmware, I would disconnect the bird, power up the remote and check for any system errors. If there were any errors, I would restart my laptop, and re-run the downgrade process to make sure that it was successful. Because my Mavic was built in November, there was a hardware change by DJI that prevents the downgrade beyond firmware version 1.03.1000 on Mavic Pro birds with build dates after Sept 19, 2017 and Mavic Platinum birds built after Oct 28, 2017. If you're wondering how to determine your build date, you can reference the key posted here to use your SN to identify the build info: Mavic Pro Build Info - Serial Number?. The hardware change was the exclusion of an internal sd card that was previously used to store the flight recorder information. The slot for the sd card is still there, however the card itself was excluded and the firmware after 1.03.1000 began using internal flash memory to store the data. Here is a link to the source of that information: https://dji.retroroms.info/howto/recorder-sdcard-fix

Picture of a Mavic built after the dates shown above with no sd card:
mavic-teardown-inside-jpg.29233

Picture of a Mavic built before the dates listed above with the sd card in place from DJI:
View attachment 29234

Bottom line here is that if you are planning to downgrade your Mavic's firmware beyond 1.03.1000 you will need to check your build date to ensure that you have the internal sd card. If you don't have it, you will need to be willing to damage / brick your bird as well as void your warranty to get it done. Definitely not for the faint of heart! If you do decide to proceed and decide that the juice is worth the squeeze, then you'll need to remove the top cover of your Mavic to access the SD Card slot location. Here is a video on the top cover disassembly:
If you do decide to remove the cover and add the sd card, understand that you are doing so at your own risk and will void your warranty. Although the units originally shipped with a 4GB card, 16GB cards have been successfully tested. I would highly recommend that you get to your desired firmware through the downgrade process and confirm in the DJI GO 4 app that you only have the flight controller or sd card error before you even think of removing the first screw. Once you are there you'll want to gather a few tools to complete the process. You will need at least:
  • 1.5mm Hex head driver
  • 16GB or smaller micro sd card
  • X-Acto knife with new blade
  • Your wife or girlfirend's eyebrow tweezers
  • A lucky rabbit's foot
I hope that this post has helped and saved a few people some time when looking for the same answers I needed. I also wanted to thank Halloweenmaster and Xphantomflyer for their help in pointing me in the right direction!

Dear Armando,

Do you mean i must dissemble my Mavic Platinum(Jan. 2018 built) and add a dummy SD card to rollback the firmware to 1.03.700. Is it possible not to do so. Thanks.

Simon

i found a modded firmware compiled with the best of new and old, darrrrrrn i so want to try this but i cant get dumldore exe to load, i wish i was in a larger city and there was super nerdy guys close by hhaha, i would provide the beer and munchies for some one to get this to work hahah

Dropbox is free
Unless you have the original link you can post
As I’m sure you also downloaded from somewhere
And do you know for sure this file works ?

This looks like an older mix
I think there is new stuff out there
I’m not a pro but this one is 3 updates behind

I wish some more seasoned members would come in and help out

You can’t just flash in a single mixed file. It wont work correctly. If you open the file u will see a .cfg.sig file (ignore the garbage at the top). It will have a list of file name. Only those file names in the list will flash. If a file doesn’t exist it will be skipped or if its in the archive but not in the list, it will be skipped.
It is done in two or more stages starting from the lowest version that contains modules u want and utilising the skipping.

-So lower version complete
-Then higher version but delete the modules from the new version archive you wish to skip (so it keeps the older version on the AC)

And no, you cant change the cfg.sig file, its signed (hence the garbage at the start and the .sig ending)

Last edited:
i have read some users like the guy on the super good how to videos is using a modded mix, if its new enough to trick the controller thats good enough for me haha, i really want to try this modded 104.000 file, i think it would be new enough to fool the controller and still give the flexibility of the 700 file

I just, after weeks of trying, got my MPP down to 1.03.08. I see most / many people are using 1.03.07.
I plan to mix FW to get either 1.03.08 or .07to go with 1.04.000.
Why are most people going with 1.03.07 and not 1.03.08? It took lots of flashing, errors, and crap to get to 1.03.08 and I'd like to make sure it's worth it to go to 1.03.07.
Thanks all.

I just, after weeks of trying, got my MPP down to 1.03.08. I see most / many people are using 1.03.07.
I plan to mix FW to get either 1.03.08 or .07to go with 1.04.000.
Why are most people going with 1.03.07 and not 1.03.08? It took lots of flashing, errors, and crap to get to 1.03.08 and I'd like to make sure it's worth it to go to 1.03.07.
Thanks all.
dont quote me but i think that 0700 is the most moddable and stable firmware, i dont know about 0800 if its as moddable as 700, others may know, i have been trying for days with no success to get too 700 and like u said a modded newer version but still moddable 700

Hi Guys
Some of this has been touched upon, but basically I am wary about just doing a roll back without some backup. I get this WinSPCnet error when I try to do a backup, even though I have a good connection through DJI Assistant 2. I know this has been reported before but I cant seem to find the post it was in. However some op somewhere must have been able to get a backup... so if you havebeen able, would you be so kind as to post about which version of Windows, etc you were using, or what other software you had on your machine that allowed you to make a successful backup of your current software, did you use some secure file transfer protocol like PuTTy or something similar, someone somewhere has managed it so how was it done... Pleaseeee Help.
PS... sorry about the crappy photo, taken straight from my crappy Windows 7 laptop.
Waylander

View attachment 19855
Where you able to get this fixed? I have the same error popup message.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki