DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to rollback Mavic firmware

ok a little update on my mav, i finally got access to a pc and got dumldore to load up, i loaded the 700 file and it seemed to down grade ok, it connectd to my controller so i guess thats good, i got a weird sd card error though and said cant fly, i figured because the 700 was to old for the controller so i loaded the 104.000 mix i got from this site and it loaded ok, but in dji go i still get the sd card error and wont fly, in litchi says sd card is fine and says ready to take off, i will try it tomoorw and see how she flies, my question is when u change the parameters such as altitude etc it doesnt show that in the app right? the height limit on the app wont reflect the actual air craft right, in djigo and litchi it still shows the maximum even though i changed it in parameters, thanx in advance for any tips from guys who are using the modded 104 000 file, also noticed no more pano in dji go so i guess that was after 104 000,

thanx so much, i wasnt sure and of cours today is raining so i wont be testing her out, i hope that sd card error goes away though,
I just had this same SD card issue on my MP after downgrading, was locked and it won't let you arm the motors. On newer manufacturered mavics (I believe Sept 2017+) they no longer have the internal SD card installed on the motherboard that I guess .700 requires. You'll have to open the mavic and install a SD card for the error to go away and be able to fly.

As for pano mode you can remove the modules 305&306 from a higher firmware, then upgrade and you'll still be able to edit the parameters and have panorama too ;)

Reactions: genesimmons
FINALLY made it work. What a pain getting MPP down to 1.03.07. I then flashed 1.04.0000 to get quick shot modes. It flies fine, but cannot test the height due to high wind.
However, I keep getting:
Motor current error. Check the propellers and fly with caution.

Note that it is not motor OVER current error. All parameters, speed, acceleration, bank angles, etc. are factory. No modified paramaters.
Any suggestions? It's a Platinum, with low noise propellers. 1.04.0000 "should" have ESC and low noise propellers in it's FW.

Hesitant to reflash due to the pain in the butt. Removed 305 and 306 only from 1.04.0000 before flashing from 1.03.07. I did not test fly unfortunately before going from 7 to 0000.

FINALLY made it work. What a pain getting MPP down to 1.03.07. I then flashed 1.04.0000 to get quick shot modes. It flies fine, but cannot test the height due to high wind.
However, I keep getting:
Motor current error. Check the propellers and fly with caution.

Note that it is not motor OVER current error. All parameters, speed, acceleration, bank angles, etc. are factory. No modified paramaters.
Any suggestions? It's a Platinum, with low noise propellers. 1.04.0000 "should" have ESC and low noise propellers in it's FW.

Hesitant to reflash due to the pain in the butt. Removed 305 and 306 only from 1.04.0000 before flashing from 1.03.07. I did not test fly unfortunately before going from 7 to 0000.

I was able to flash 1.3.07 again and flew with no motor current error. I flashed 1.04.0000 without 305 and 306 and now get motor current error again. Is there another module I should delete out of 1.4.000 before flashing over 1.3.7?

I was able to flash 1.3.07 again and flew with no motor current error. I flashed 1.04.0000 without 305 and 306 and now get motor current error again. Is there another module I should delete out of 1.4.000 before flashing over 1.3.7?
On the way to 1.3.7 I did 1.3.10 and had no error.

u should try a newer than 1.04.000 version, 104,300 with removed modules then all the newer features should work, i am at a stage below you, i have 104.000 installed now i cant fly due to sd card issue, guess ill take her apart tomrow and do sd card, i really want a newer version though as i like pano modes and they are not in 104.000,

I just had this same SD card issue on my MP after downgrading, was locked and it won't let you arm the motors. On newer manufacturered mavics (I believe Sept 2017+) they no longer have the internal SD card installed on the motherboard that I guess .700 requires. You'll have to open the mavic and install a SD card for the error to go away and be able to fly.

As for pano mode you can remove the modules 305&306 from a higher firmware, then upgrade and you'll still be able to edit the parameters and have panorama too ;)
ohhhhh i didnt want to have to do that, darn, ok, is it pretty scary to take apart the mav, i am prety good with tools

i wonder if that sd is required to put the parameter settings into memory, i changed the paremeters to what i wanted on the mav then connected the rc and dji app and checked the settings and when i got the sd card error i connected the mav back to pc and pretty sure the paremeters were back to default, ill have to check though, wow i hope all this is worth the effort, i live in a small town and im sure theres no mav repair places here haha, if there was i would pay some one to do this for me haha

any idea how the sd card goes in?? i cleaned off the 2 glue blobs, does that mechanism move after the glue is removed

ahhh cleaned her up and struggled with the card a bit but she went in and as u said she fired right up, did a quick test flight to see if settings were there and whoilaaaaa why yes they were, HUGGGGGGGGE shout out to the awsome people in this group for help and posting info, never would have got as far as i have with utube alone haha,

Reactions: Mike_slatton
ahhh cleaned her up and struggled with the card a bit but she went in and as u said she fired right up, did a quick test flight to see if settings were there and whoilaaaaa why yes they were, HUGGGGGGGGE shout out to the awsome people in this group for help and posting info, never would have got as far as i have with utube alone haha,
Can I roll back latest firmware on my dji mavic pro ...I want to use nld activation key etc..

for some it may be easy but i struggled and then i find out i need the sd card and to be honest i watched a bad video on how to do that and ended up removing the wrong end of the craft and removing the brains of it and was horrified to find the sd card not in there, after watching a different video i found where it was located, it was a lot of work for me as i struggled with the dumldore app as i dont use windows and my mac wouldnt work. is it all worth the trouble???? hard to say, i lost the ability for panos which i lov to do,,,,, watch some videos and see if its worth it for u

Can I roll back latest firmware on my dji mavic pro ...I want to use nld activation key etc..
I guess it's understandable that you don't want to wade through 52 pages of posts, but before you ask a question that's been asked a million times before, you might want to read through the last few pages first. If you had, you'd have found this useful post:
How to rollback Mavic firmware
That points to this even more useful chart:
BirdMap-nolimitdronez.com

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom