DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to rollback Mavic firmware

Rollback update.

Mavic pro.

After a forced update to a .300 i was able to roll back to .700 again on RC and AC.

I have flown 3 times 1 full battery since them and the bird is as stable as it could be. Now is doing great things.I have been able to go farther and higher.

.700 allow me to do everything or almost everything i want and as right now no planning to get any downgrade or upgrate. I'll sit here....

I did not have any problem at all flashing the firmware and that is thank to the community, the OGs and big thanks to digdat0.

All the information you guys have shared have been amazing and we all should protect it and make sure to support the OGs and Digdat0

2 things to keep an eye on if you are not a computer or smart like the OGs and Digdat0 are:

- firewall off
- vpn off

These i learned last time i downgrade about 8 months ago.

Please forgive me if i am providing wring info as per the firewall and the vpn,b is t since i got these disable i was able to install and flash with not problem.

I just wanted to share my experience.

Thanks again to all.

I want to downgrade to v01.04.0300

I understand the steps shown in the video to downgrade the aircraft, but do I need to do the same with the controller?

Dumldore Tool I have downloaded (last version) is commpletly different from the one used in the video for windows OS.

Thanks in advance.

The FW versions of your Mavic and your RC should match.

Reactions: dogday
I want to downgrade to v01.04.0300

I understand the steps shown in the video to downgrade the aircraft, but do I need to do the same with the controller?

Dumldore Tool I have downloaded (last version) is commpletly different from the one used in the video for windows OS.

Thanks in advance.
I haven't downgraded the firmware of my controller and everything seems to work well, though some people suggests having the same version than the drone.

Reactions: dogday
Does anybody downgrade successfully from v01.04.0400 to v01.04.0300 ???

I have tried and it fails. Stuck on 7% and after 20 minutes or so a fail message appears.

Are you using the latest version of DUMLdore v3.10 (if you using DUMLdore)? If not, you can just use Assistant2 to rollback

Are you using the latest version of DUMLdore v3.10 (if you using DUMLdore)? If not, you can just use Assistant2 to rollback

I have tried with the last version of Assistant.

Tried to downgrade to v01.04.100 but it failed.

Tried to downgrade to v01.04.300 and failed too.

Assistant always fails the downgrade process. :(

all i can suggest is downgrading twice to the same firmware. so say .300 and downgrade, it fails, then down grade to the same again.

does it always hang at 7%?

Last edited:
Well:

For now I have not been able to completly downgrade to v01.03.700 correctly.

Im my way to do so I have tried to downgrade to v01.04.300, to v01.04.100, to v01.03.900 as a mid step to v 01.03.700, using a PC, using an iMac, using different USB cables, using different Assistan2 versions ...

Even using DUMLdore Tool and DroneZBreak Tool have failed.

Some times double and triple downgrade tries for the same firmware version with no luck. Semi bricked drone, Main controller errors or simply AC does not link to RC and does not connect to PC or iMac.

Finally I purchased activation app NLD MOD CLIENT from nolimitdronez.com.

I thought it will solve my problems but i did not. Its DUMLdore based app and the same problems persists for me. :( :(

Now my Mavic Pro as well as the RC is v01.04.0400 but at least it flies.

Any help will be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Having similar problem here...

A/C at 1.4.0300...wanted to downgrade to 1.3.700.

Tried using NLD...it talks to the Mavic but it starts with Phase 1 (of something like 58 ‘phases’). It uploads f/w, flashes the a/c, then goes to Phase 2 and repeats.

It went thru an entire Mavic battery over about an hour and said it was complete after around 58 ‘phases’ ...but reconnecting shows it’s still at 1.4.300. What the hell?

Opened a ticket with NLD Support, awaiting a reply.

Any ideas?

So.. I just went through a long process downgrading my MPP to 1.3.700 from 1.4.0300 last night using the Dv3.10 . First off, don't forget to install a micro sd card into the body of the mavic... (see earlier post about this issue regarding when and what model of mavic and manufacture date needs this.) Anyway.... what I had to do is downstep each firmware update one at a time until i got down to the 1.3.900 from 1.4.300 , ..... and then went from the 1.3.900 to the 1.3.700.
I Went through a few batteries as it took a long time (and at times a couple tries on each firmware) before it worked. I am finally now at the 1.3.700 with my Mavic Platinum Pro.

I was trying to go directly from 1.4.300 to 1.3.700 but had no success. I guess some do and some dont... I am now looking into doing the Modded 1.4.100- 1.4.300 firmware. Just not sure which one i want yet. I haven't done anything to the controller but I understand i need to update it to get the new features to work.

NLD Tech support replied and I followed their instructions; had a flash from 1.4.300 to 1.4.100, then to 1.3.900 and have one final flash to do to get down to 1.3.700.

Per their instructions you always flash the firmware twice on every downgrade.

It was a little spooky going to 3.900, as that’s where it removes the anti-rollback firmware, but successful.

Well I went to go fly my MPP after spending all night last night downgrading the firmware... I go out side ... fire it up and now i get an ESC error.. please restart mavic.... I did this a few times.. i am noticing that the front two motors do not move at startup... Guess Im back to square One? Anybody... anythoughts. I have tried reinstalling the 1.3.700 firmware but it goes to 15% and then jumps to saying complete.. ?? HELP

Well I went to go fly my MPP after spending all night last night downgrading the firmware... I go out side ... fire it up and now i get an ESC error.. please restart mavic.... I did this a few times.. i am noticing that the front two motors do not move at startup... Guess Im back to square One? Anybody... anythoughts. I have tried reinstalling the 1.3.700 firmware but it goes to 15% and then jumps to saying complete.. ?? HELP

1.3.700 was out before the MPP, so there's no support for the newer esc controllers. If you want to remove the restrictions without the errors, I believe you have to downgrade to 1.3.700 first, and then upgrade to newer FW versions, with mixed modules. That supports the new esc controllers and yet you still have the older modules for open parameters.

Read here on how to do this:
howto:modulemix [dji.retroroms.info]

1.3.700 was out before the MPP, so there's no support for the newer esc controllers. If you want to remove the restrictions without the errors, I believe you have to downgrade to 1.3.700 first, and then upgrade to newer FW versions, with mixed modules. That supports the new esc controllers and yet you still have the older modules for open parameters.

Read here on how to do this:
howto:modulemix [dji.retroroms.info]

Thank you for your assistance... I ended up redoing everything on my MPP. Re download firmwares, installed different internal SD Card (formatted it as FAT) tweaked 1.4.300 firmware... and went for it again.. this time everything is working... well almost..lol...

Only issue now is i get a Motor Current Error. Not sure about this?

NLD Tech support replied and I followed their instructions; had a flash from 1.4.300 to 1.4.100, then to 1.3.900 and have one final flash to do to get down to 1.3.700.

Per their instructions you always flash the firmware twice on every downgrade.

It was a little spooky going to 3.900, as that’s where it removes the anti-rollback firmware, but successful.

Im having the same issue, went from 04.0300 down to 04.1000 then down to 03.1000 but cant seem to get down to 01.03.0700., tried a few times with Dumbdore, might take your suggetstion and flash to 01.03.900 and see if that works

After a lot of trying i cant get DD3 to work for me, so i figured i would go old school and use Dumblracer.jar, ive done it countless times and even have a youtube video on it, but now when i try i get this

Choose target port: (* suggested port)
* [1] COM3 : DJI USB Virtual COM (COM3)
[E] Exit
Choose port: 1
Using Port: COM3
Sending upgrade command
Uploading payload 1
Exception in thread "main" java.net.SocketException: Permission denied: recv fai
led
at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead0(Native Method)
at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead(Unknown Source)
at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder.readBytes(Unknown Source)
at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder.implRead(Unknown Source)
at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder.read(Unknown Source)
at java.io.InputStreamReader.read(Unknown Source)
at java.io.BufferedReader.fill(Unknown Source)
at java.io.BufferedReader.read(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.commons.net.io.CRLFLineReader.readLine(CRLFLineReader.java
:58)
at org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTP.__getReply(FTP.java:321)
at org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTP.__getReply(FTP.java:300)
at org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTP.sendCommand(FTP.java:523)
at org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTP.sendCommand(FTP.java:648)
at org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTP.sendCommand(FTP.java:622)
at org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTP.pasv(FTP.java:1045)
at org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTPClient._openDataConnection_(FTPClient.j
ava:895)
at org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTPClient._storeFile(FTPClient.java:653)
at org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTPClient.__storeFile(FTPClient.java:639)
at org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTPClient.storeFile(FTPClient.java:2030)
at com.cunninglogic.dumlracer.Main.uploadFile(Main.java:350)
at com.cunninglogic.dumlracer.Main.main(Main.java:129)

C:\flash>

Any ideas

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calezu