DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to rollback Mavic firmware

Good advice Yousuf110 -
the only thing I would add is always, ALWAYS flash each firmware version twice. 1st flash takes about 15 minutes, 2nd flash (error checking) takes only 3. Always start with a full battery, and downgrade in steps. The recommended firmware to be on is 01.03.0700...in .0800 DJI implemented Aeroscope and made other requirements in GO, such as always being logged in to your account etc. If you ever think your bird is "stuck" or not flashing, just turn on your RC and see if it connects to the Mavic. If it does, the Mavic is not flashing firmware - despite whatever the software you are using is telling you. Use NLD, this will save you some headaches, and I hear the tech support is really good. heh.

Reactions: Wilbur and rickw
Well I have my drone open and it's not supposed to have a card installed. However, there it is 8gb Sandisk Industrial. I have a sandisk 4gb that I bought for this project, but now I'm concerned that
A) Why does my drone have a card in it? According to the build date it should not. Off to a bad start.
B) Should I put the 4gb card in?

Conclusion is that the 8gb card came out, and a 4gb card went in, and I'm happy to report successful downgrade to 0.0700. I used No Limit Drones (NLD) app. It's worth the $35 I flashed each downgrade twice. Yes, it takes a while. And when I was down to 0.0700 I reflashed again swapping out each battery. Batteries, and drone are all working as hoped. A big thank you to Yousuf110.

Can anyone point me in the direction of removing the height restrictions on a Mavic 2 zoom ?
I want to get my whole property in the picture

You can’t.

Maybe soon the guys at Github will have an answer but not right now

Reactions: Jolly Dodger
Thanks all I am now a member and will just wait and see. It looks really interesting as to what will be enabled.

I rolledback from 1.04.0500back to 1.03.0700. When I did that on RTH the Mavic slows to a downward speed of 2 ft/s but never slows further. It was fine at 1.04.0500. Any thought on how to reduce speed befor the MP hits the ground?

I rolledback from 1.04.0500back to 1.03.0700. When I did that on RTH the Mavic slows to a downward speed of 2 ft/s but never slows further. It was fine at 1.04.0500. Any thought on how to reduce speed befor the MP hits the ground?

Try reflashing your firmware; I'm also flying 1.03.0700 and have never had that problem after rolling the firmware up or down. What tool do you use to flash firmware and are you using a known-good binary file? My firmware is pretty modified (by NLD, which is also my flashing tool) but I started with a known-good file before modding - my Mavic slows and lands gently as always.

Reactions: charliesRig
I got the 1.03.0700 from dankdronedownloader and used Dumldore v2 to load and flash the firmware. Thanks for the comments.

Maybe I should get the same firmware you used and load that. Where did you get the 1.03.0700?

NLD links to it directly from inside the app, I think from a DJI archive, or at least one that's known good; can't remember. I've used dankdronedownloader and Dumldore previously as well without problems, so you probably have a good package. I'd first try to reflash what you've got to see if that does the trick.

Hi everyone,

I didn’t use my mavic pro for half a year, and now when i turned it on, it asked me to update my drone. It failed to do so several times, i tried DJI Assisst and it failed at 44%. Now my mavic says it has no gimble and SD card is not recognized no matter what i do. Is this a firmware issue i can solve with DUMLdore? Any suggestion?

Thanks

Hello.. Its been a while since I have upgraded or downgraded my mavic firmware.. I am having issues.. I used to be able to use DUMLdore, but now I cant seem to get it to work. I get to installing firmware at 15% and then it states its completed but its not. I am simply trying to upgrade my firmware from 1.03.500 to 1.03.700
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

some times it takes multiple tries,just keep trying
PS: make sure you're using lastest DUMLdore

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3