DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to rollback Mavic firmware

Sorry to remove the post from the dust...

But with my RC not connecting to my AC... I'm trying to rollout both of them.

The AC went back to and old FW easily... The RC control shows the FTP DNIS message as shown in the previous post...

I tried to fix it by "enabling" the access (but it was already set as "enable") as explained p.20 and tried to change the TCP IP adress.

None of that works. My RC seems inaccessible and not willing to accept any flash...

You changed of the NDIS Ethernet interface IP address to be on the same network? It needs a 192.168.42.x/24 address... 192.168.42.5 and 255.255.255.0 for example

1586375807435.png

Well, let me try to get it right.

I connected the RC, find out the path to its TCP IP 4, and then I entered the adress :

But then when I launch Dumbledore, it recongnizes my RC, and when I try to flash it with the RC BIN, I got the same message :
FTP error... blablabla 192.168.42.2 (at the end 2 and not 3!)

Yeah, that makes sense. the ethernet NDIS assigns itself the .2 address. I never had much luck with the RC, but it never really mattered. Can you get it flashed with DJI GO?

Yeah, that makes sense. the ethernet NDIS assigns itself the .2 address. I never had much luck with the RC, but it never really mattered. Can you get it flashed with DJI GO?

Thanks for the help by the way !

If you mean downgrading the RC to a previous version by maintaining the pressure on the 3 dot and then selecting another older version of the RC... yep I tried and it didn’t work !

I mean using DJI GO to get it to any usable FW version. I'm not sure which ones are compatible, but sometimes that can restore it and then you can pivot from there to another FW version.

But then when I launch Dumbledore, it recongnizes my RC,
#

Dumldore is not for flashing remotes, just the quad, to flash the remote use the DJI assistant, but nobody i know bothers to flash the remote

Well nobody had the same problem than me then... because that seems like the only option to save the defective remote.

Sorry about that, i didnt read all the thread, so you are saying that you cant flash the remote to any FW version or perform a factory reset on it ?

I found that all versions of DUMLdore >= 3.00 failed in this upgrade path. Upgrade gets to 15% then skips to 100% and exits. I only succeeded when I used DUMLdore version 2.14.
I was stuck @ .4.100 forever and tried everything mentioned, this worked perfectly for me. Everything is now @ .3.700 THANKS!

So to be clear (and I ask cause I'm about to buy a replacement mavic pro) but as of today any mavic pro I buy can be rolled back correct? Anything else I need to watch out for when buying?

So to be clear (and I ask cause I'm about to buy a replacement mavic pro) but as of today any mavic pro I buy can be rolled back correct? Anything else I need to watch out for when buying?
Look up dji super patcher. That'll get you flashed to where you want to be.

Look up dji super patcher. That'll get you flashed to where you want to be.
Have studied quite a bit of threads now so I don't F up my newly acquired MP (produced in 2018, so the newer version). All I want is the super patcher stuff like FCC and height limit gone and some other changes. My drone is now on V01.04.0400. I understand I need to downgrade to V01.04.0300 and then run superpatcher and that would be it. Can someone comfirm? Seems like most here want to reach V01.03.0700, but no need for that with the superpatcher, right?

Ok. Some hiccups with the super patcher:

I downgraded successfully with DUMLdore, so now on fw V01.04.0300. I ran superpatcher and strangely it did not download DUMLdore to put in its TOOLS folder, so I put it there manually. Then, when superpatcher runs DUMLdore and tells me to press "ENABLE ADB", I press that and bar goes to 100% with the message "ADB enabled until reboot". But I only get error messages in superpatcher. I checked with ADB manually and there are no devices available.

Tried with DUMLdore 3.12 beta, gives an "Unhandled exception" error "The port is already open"

I am in linux usually since 15 years, doing this in a fresh win 10 install.

sigh... it looked so easy on the youtube vids...

Ok. Some hiccups with the super patcher:

I downgraded successfully with DUMLdore, so now on fw V01.04.0300. I ran superpatcher and strangely it did not download DUMLdore to put in its TOOLS folder, so I put it there manually. Then, when superpatcher runs DUMLdore and tells me to press "ENABLE ADB", I press that and bar goes to 100% with the message "ADB enabled until reboot". But I only get error messages in superpatcher. I checked with ADB manually and there are no devices available.

Tried with DUMLdore 3.12 beta, gives an "Unhandled exception" error "The port is already open"

I am in linux usually since 15 years, doing this in a fresh win 10 install.

sigh... it looked so easy on the youtube vids...
Share your log file that would be helpful.

There’s also a newer paid program by a guy who kinda took the reins and expanded on the general concept of SuperPatcher and turned it into a real program. His program is called drone hacks Drone-Hacks.com | by thinkAwesome I’m not affiliated with him but I do know him and he’s way smarter than me and made what I wish SuperPatcher could have been so you can always go that route.

Share your log file that would be helpful.

There’s also a newer paid program by a guy who kinda took the reins and expanded on the general concept of SuperPatcher and turned it into a real program. His program is called drone hacks Drone-Hacks.com | by thinkAwesome I’m not affiliated with him but I do know him and he’s way smarter than me and made what I wish SuperPatcher could have been so you can always go that route.

Thank you! I pulled the log file from the drone and included it here, quite large. I also checked out the drone-hacks site. It is absolutely an option if superpatcher don't work.

DJI Assist do recognize the drone.

Maybe I need to re-flash the V01.04.0300 firmware?

Thank you! I pulled the log file from the drone and included it here, quite large. I also checked out the drone-hacks site. It is absolutely an option if superpatcher don't work.

Superpatcher is a good tool but can be a pain to run unless you understand the steps it takes to make the changes. Personally I would save your energy and use drone-hacks tool

Superpatcher is a good tool but can be a pain to run unless you understand the steps it takes to make the changes. Personally I would save your energy and use drone-hacks tool

I downloaded the drone-hacks tool but that doesn't work either. Waiting for support answer, but I discovered that the serial on the drone does not match the serial that the program reports. The one on the drone tells me it is produced 28th june 2018, but the one the program reports tells me it's produced 29 april 2017, so the software handles the drone as if it is an older one while it is actually a newer. That might be why the super-patcher did not work either...maybe...

How can the serials not match?

No I mean the SuperPatcher log file. It’s just a text file in your SuperPatcher folder that prints out all the steps and error messages you got during the process.

Also, when you downgraded you did that process twice right?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent