DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to rollback Mavic firmware

I finally got some feedback from the attempt, a message that FTP connect attempt had timed out and this.......View attachment 20627
Just a thought, poorquad, something to check. I was stuck trying to get DUMLdore and Assistant 2 working properly for weeks and with the help of others finally found my problem.

Assuming you're using Windows, use right-click on My Computer, then select Manage and then Device Manager, with your Mavic powered up and connected via USB to your computer.

Under Other Devices or as in my case, "Network adapters", which is why it took so long to find, look for a driver entry called "Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device" - you won't see this if the Mavic's not connected. Right-click on that driver, then Properties to see if it's disabled. If so, enable it. That was my problem all along; the RNDIS driver was disabled. Once I enabled it, and since, DUMLdore has been working perfectly along with Assistant 2 in both regular and debug modes.

Here's a screenshot illustrating the driver location:

Good luck resolving your problem!

anyway, still hanging on the same file, bye the way, thanx for all the help you're giving me!

Just a thought, poorquad, something to check. I was stuck trying to get DUMLdore and Assistant 2 working properly for weeks and with the help of others finally found my problem.

Assuming you're using Windows, use right-click on My Computer, then select Manage and then Device Manager, with your Mavic powered up and connected via USB to your computer.

Under Other Devices or as in my case, "Network adapters", which is why it took so long to find, look for a driver entry called "Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device" - you won't see this if the Mavic's not connected. Right-click on that driver, then Properties to see if it's disabled. If so, enable it. That was my problem all along; the RNDIS driver was disabled. Once I enabled it, and since, DUMLdore has been working perfectly along with Assistant 2 in both regular and debug modes.

Here's a screenshot illustrating the driver location:

Good luck resolving your problem!

Thanx for the tip, I went to DM and checked it out, it was enabled and functioning properly, I have reassigned com port and everything, I'm about to hang up the towel and stay with the crippled .1000 fw I guess.

Thumbswayup good news, the test DUMLdore .exe that kilrah hooked me up with actually finished completing the backup, now just to try and reflash .0700, thanx a lot friends!

do you think it will be ok to also flash the fw with this older version of dumldore?

Thumbswayup good news, the test DUMLdore .exe that kilrah hooked me up with actually finished completing the backup, now just to try and reflash .0700, thanx a lot friends!

do you think it will be ok to also flash the fw with this older version of dumldore?
I don't see how an older version would do it when a newer one won't, but if it works it works and shouldn't do any harm.

Can you use DUMLdore to backup your Mavic's controller? For me, I could always do that, even when it refused to work with the Mavic itself until I fixed that driver issue.

Good, will submit the change.
The version I supplied isn't based on the latest source since jezzab didn't commit it yet, so it won't work for a downgrade from "the 2nd 1000" (first is ok). Just use normal one for that.

Thanx again y'all, big thumbs up to everyone who makes this stuff possible and to everyone who helps make it work!

Dumb me,I've tried to unzip files to desktop at least 6 times no go,says can't find right path or not proper permissions,I'm really dumb with computers,HELP

A little hesitant to try and give more detailed instructions, because if you don't know the basics around terminal and python.. you can do more harm than help.. but here goes:

Software Setup:

1. Download the zip from GitHub - hdnes/pyduml: python based DUML entry vector and extract in an easy to get to location (desktop is easiest)
2. Open terminal
3. Check your python version with python --version - if it's not 2.7 or greater then let me know and I can do a deeper dive into updating python
4. Type pip and hit enter. If you get a "command not found" run sudo easy_install pip otherwise proceed.
5. Install pyserial with sudo -H pip install pyserial
6. Make sure it's the newest version with sudo -H pip install --upgrade pyserial
7. Install pathlib with sudo -H pip install pathlib

Assuming no major errors, go download the firmware version you want for the Mavic and the Remote from dji_system.bin/bins at master · MAVProxyUser/dji_system.bin · GitHub. Leave them on the desktop. For each update, you'll need to copy them into the pyduml folder and rename them dji_system.bin

Copy Mavic Firmware File:

1. Copy the Mavic firmware file into the pyduml folder and rename it dji_system.bin

Update the Mavic:

1. Power on the Mavic, plug it in to the computer and check that you can see it with Assistant (if not, do some googling)
2. If so, close Assistant
3. Open terminal again
4. Change directory to the location of the pyduml files. (If you extracted to a folder on the desktop, it's likely cd
/Users/YOUR_USER_ACCOUNT/Desktop/pyduml-master
)
5. Run python pyduml.py
6. Press 1 for Aircraft and let it do it's thing - if you get errors here, they are likely informative and you can use them to figure out what's wrong. If not, post them and I can try and help.
7. Once the script exits you can connect to the Mavic with Assistant to watch the progress (click into the Firmware Update section and let it sit for a few moments.. it will switch to the progress bar)

Copy RC Firmware File:

1. Delete the old dji_system.bin file from the pyduml folder
2. Copy the RC firmware file into the pyduml file and rename it dji_system.bin

Update the Remote:

1. Power on the Remote, plug it in to the computer and check that you can see it with Assistant
3. Go back to terminal. You should still be in the same directory. If not, see 4 in the Update Mavic section.
4. Run python pyduml.py
5. Press 2 for RC and let it do it's thing - if you get errors here, they are likely informative and you can use them to figure out what's wrong. If not, post them and I can try and help.
6. Once the script exits you can connect to the RC with Assistant to watch the progress (click into the Firmware Update section and let it sit for a few moments.. it will switch to the progress bar)

That should be it. Restart both the Mavic and RC. If you have issues, post here and I'll try and help out when I can.

Last edited:
Reactions: ariksaja
A little hesitant to try and give more detailed instructions, because if you don't know the basics around terminal and python.. you can do more harm than help.. but here goes:

Software Setup:

1. Download the zip from GitHub - hdnes/pyduml: python based DUML entry vector and extract in an easy to get to location (desktop is easiest)
2. Open terminal
3. Check your python version with python --version - if it's not 2.7 or greater then let me know and I can do a deeper dive into updating python
4. Type pip and hit enter. If you get a "command not found" run sudo easy_install pip otherwise proceed.
5. Install pyserial with sudo -H pip install pyserial
6. Make sure it's the newest version with sudo -H pip install --upgrade pyserial
7. Install pathlib with sudo -H pip install pathlib

Assuming no major errors, go download the firmware version you want for the Mavic and the Remote from dji_system.bin/bins at master · MAVProxyUser/dji_system.bin · GitHub. Leave them on the desktop. For each update, you'll need to copy them into the pyduml folder and rename them dji_system.bin

Copy Mavic Firmware File:

1. Copy the Mavic firmware file into the pyduml folder and rename it dji_system.bin

Update the Mavic:

1. Power on the Mavic, plug it in to the computer and check that you can see it with Assistant (if not, do some googling)
3. Open terminal again
4. Change directory to the location of the pyduml files. (If you extracted to a folder on the desktop, it's likely cd
/Users/YOUR_USER_ACCOUNT/Desktop/pyduml-master
)
5. Run python pyduml.py
6. Press 1 for Aircraft and let it do it's thing - if you get errors here, they are likely informative and you can use them to figure out what's wrong. If not, post them and I can try and help.
7. Once the script exits you can connect to the Mavic with Assistant to watch the progress (click into the Firmware Update section and let it sit for a few moments.. it will switch to the progress bar)

Copy RC Firmware File:

1. Delete the old dji_system.bin file from the pyduml folder
2. Copy the RC firmware file into the pyduml file and rename it dji_system.bin

Update the Remote:

1. Power on the Remote, plug it in to the computer and check that you can see it with Assistant
3. Go back to terminal. You should still be in the same directory. If not, see 4 in the Update Mavic section.
4. Run python pyduml.py
5. Press 2 for RC and let it do it's thing - if you get errors here, they are likely informative and you can use them to figure out what's wrong. If not, post them and I can try and help.
6. Once the script exits you can connect to the RC with Assistant to watch the progress (click into the Firmware Update section and let it sit for a few moments.. it will switch to the progress bar)

That should be it. Restart both the Mavic and RC. If you have issues, post here and I'll try and help out when I can.
Only got Dumldore to open 1 time,since says incorrect path,can't open,checked driver as you suggested,it was enabled???????

Only got Dumldore to open 1 time,since says incorrect path,can't open,checked driver as you suggested,it was enabled???????
Update,lol,this dumb old man finally got it,back on 700,thanks to all for help

Hi Poorguard, Kilrah,

Could you please send test dulmdore.exe also to me? I have the same issue with backup as poorguard had. I'm currently trying with latest 1.86 with no success. Thanks. David

1.88 is out, check that out.

Hi Kilrah,

Thank you very much I didn't noticed that, I downloaded it but so far it seems it is stuck exactly at the same place during backup - 3rd file. What is the expected time how long backup should take?

David

Reactions: Mike357
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13