DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to rollback Mavic firmware

I was too fast it completed successfully just right Now. Thanks Kilrah. One more question did somebody successfully rolled back FW 1000 v2 - from 25.8.2017 on Mavic?

I was too fast it completed successfully just right Now. Thanks Kilrah. One more question did somebody successfully rolled back FW 1000 v2 - from 25.8.2017 on Mavic?

Your question will lead this post to be delete later i guess :D

like to be able too but, there's no chance of that, after Steve, from flyflydrones, advice I'm not gonna rollback unless the backup works. He hasn't steered me wrong yet so I'll stick to his instructions.
i'm with you ;):D

Reactions: MrsTreat
A big thanks to everyone to allow us truying to find the most effective combination of FW/App.
This is my first time here. I would ask a question.
I am very pleased with the FW 0400, both Mavic and RC.
I recently bought the goggles, updated them with the FW 1000 (1st version I think) with dumblore. Big thanks to that.
Everything seems to work quite fine except that I found that the video quality is not so fine in the goggles.

FW 0700 is supposed to be the first one to manage the goggles, but I hesitate to upgrade the Mavic from 0400 to 0700 as I am very pleased with the 0400, and afraid of bricking.

Any opinion would be appreciated :)
Could the 0700 have any influence on the video quality in the goggles ?

I rolled back to .700 and that process went smoothly. Now when I take off I immediately get this error and the bird forces an auto landing.

What is the debug procedure from this point? Are there files I can download to help troubleshoot this?

dronemods-194.png

App version?
That should only have been introduced in 800, so check you're actually on 700.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike357
Use DronezBreak for mac users mate.
I'm about to flash back to .700 but just before I hit the go button on this thing, I just want to double check - I've downloaded the firmware .bin files for the bird and the RC, and the .bin file is like a .zip file, do I select it like that from within DroneZbreak or should I extract it first so that it is a folder not ending in .bin?
I'm guessing not, but just wanna be really sure so I don't brick my Mavic...

I thought I would add, the latest version of DUMLdore solved the timeout issues/hanging that I experienced. AC backup happens swiftly now.

Backup - thats the other thing I want to know about DroneZbreak software, I don't see a backup option, which seemed to be quite important in the process explained with DUMLdore.
So is it safe to do a firmware rollback without doing a backup first?

I'm about to flash back to .700 but just before I hit the go button on this thing, I just want to double check - I've downloaded the firmware .bin files for the bird and the RC, and the .bin file is like a .zip file, do I select it like that from within DroneZbreak or should I extract it first so that it is a folder not ending in .bin?
I'm guessing not, but just wanna be really sure so I don't brick my Mavic...

Make sure you only use .bin files not .zip files. If it's .zip you need to extract it first.

Don't worry if you failed while upgrade/ downgrade , your mavic won't brick. The process will be cancel. Just make sure you load proper files. Aircraft bin and select aircraft option.Remote bin and select remote option. Then you good to go

Last edited:
Reactions: hookalakupua
Backup - thats the other thing I want to know about DroneZbreak software, I don't see a backup option, which seemed to be quite important in the process explained with DUMLdore.
Well, you can get the bin file of the firmware online if you don't back your own up...so... nothing is really stopping you from flashing one without doing a back up.

I wanted to back up, because I wanted to see if it would run smoothly. I had troubles backing and AND flashing.

But now that's solved. I've only ever flashed bins I've downloaded online and not my back ups.

You may backup first but you cannot use dronezBreak as i mentioned before, it is under development by now. Just be patient.

For me personally, i backed up my firmware before. but too bad I accidentally deleted my mac drive . Lol. So i lost everything. Oh well i guess it's fine. I don't have back up so i can make another back up using flashed firmware. My mavic still remain the same like before.

Make sure you only use .bin files not .zip files. If it's .zip you need to extract it first.

Don't worry if you failed while upgrade/ downgrade , your mavic won't brick. The process will be cancel. Just make sure you load proper files. Aircraft bin and select aircraft option.Remote bin and select remote option. Then you good to go
Thanks for the reply,
What I was wondering about with the .bin files is about when I click the button in DroneZBreak to select the firmware, I should just select the .bin file, I don't need to "extract" it first by double clicking it in the finder.
I was just wondering about that. But it sounds like that is not necessary. Good.
And good to know I don't need to worry about doing a backup either.

I have just posted a question about this software in the multirotor forum also, because it's been hard to find anyone talking about it anywhere, nothing on youtube either.
It seems like really great software which makes the whole process of customising your Mavic or whichever you have, very easy - no need for going into all the debug mode stuff in DJI Assistant.

Thanks for the reply,
What I was wondering about with the .bin files is about when I click the button in DroneZBreak to select the firmware, I should just select the .bin file, I don't need to "extract" it first by double clicking it in the finder.
I was just wondering about that. But it sounds like that is not necessary. Good.
And good to know I don't need to worry about doing a backup either.

I have just posted a question about this software in the multirotor forum also, because it's been hard to find anyone talking about it anywhere, nothing on youtube either.
It seems like really great software which makes the whole process of customising your Mavic or whichever you have, very easy - no need for going into all the debug mode stuff in DJI Assistant.

Yup no need to extract the .bin format.

I rolled back to .700 and that process went smoothly. Now when I take off I immediately get this error and the bird forces an auto landing.

What is the debug procedure from this point? Are there files I can download to help troubleshoot this?

View attachment 20853

I have the same bug now. Message pops-up "error: altitude and distance limited..."

I'm running the latest DJI GO app on my iPad mini and .700 firmware on my Mavic.

At the same time many other pilots reports that they have no distance and altitude limitations with this "error" though.

Feel disappointed.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_