DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to rollback Mavic firmware

I have the same bug now. Message pops-up "error: altitude and distance limited..."

I'm running the latest DJI GO app on my iPad mini and .700 firmware on my Mavic.

At the same time many other pilots reports that they have no distance and altitude limitations with this "error" though.

Feel disappointed.

I wonder from what firmware were you downgraded from?

DJI has tightened the screws on us with the .1000 release. I have wasted 1.5 full work days dealing with this on 2 birds and still not resolved. I do not yet know the final answer on this, but please do NOT upgrade if you value your working bird and its' configuration. I see two .1000 releases in the Assitant2 app, I suspect the first is the release without the internet restriction. But I have not tested this yet.

dronemods-196.png
dronemods-194.png

DJI has tightened the screws on us with the .1000 release. I have wasted 1.5 full work days dealing with this on 2 birds and still not resolved. I do not yet know the final answer on this, but please do NOT upgrade if you value your working bird and its' configuration. I see two .1000 releases in the Assitant2 app, I suspect the first is the release without the internet restriction. But I have not tested this yet.

View attachment 20917
View attachment 20918

BUT, if I upgrade the bird and remote back to .1000, connect to the internet, and let the NFZ DB update, the bird flies again. But I could not find any procedure to back out of this and I hope some of the really smart people here figure it out.

I'm running the latest DJI GO app on my iPad mini and .700 firmware on my Mavic.

At the same time many other pilots reports that they have no distance and altitude limitations with this "error" though.

Feel disappointed.[/QUOTE]

I'm on 700 fw and the go 4 app updated itself to the latest and I got these warnings. I hit the X and closed the warning and it let me fly fine with no restrictions.
I had an older go 4 version still on my iTunes so I deleted the new and reinstalled the old and it didn't pop up any more.
I will never turn on wifi on my pad again.
I tried to go back to an older go 4 app but with no success so I'll have to get my IT friend to help. Cant get Charles to work on my pic.
I'm sure they put something in the latest go 4 app to try and force updates. I would avoid the newest go 4 apps from now on.

Reactions: ariksaja

Feel disappointed.

I'm on 700 fw and the go 4 app updated itself to the latest and I got these warnings. I hit the X and closed the warning and it let me fly fine with no restrictions.
I had an older go 4 version still on my iTunes so I deleted the new and reinstalled the old and it didn't pop up any more.
I will never turn on wifi on my pad again.
I tried to go back to an older go 4 app but with no success so I'll have to get my IT friend to help. Cant get Charles to work on my pic.
I'm sure they put something in the latest go 4 app to try and force updates. I would avoid the newest go 4 apps from now on.

In addition don't forget to set your iTunes &AppStore Automatic Updates off your iPad /iPhone settings.

Last edited:
Ugggg.... doing flight tests tonight and this popped up on .1000 and I had a fresh new mavic battery and one external 3000LiHv via battery clip. This is a disaster and our days of mod'ing may be numbered with DJI.

dronemods-197.png

I wonder from what firmware were you downgraded from?

I've downgraded from .900 to .700

Everything was working great. Until the latest DJI GO app update. (v. 4.1.8 for iPad)

Yesterday i've updated DJI GO app again (v. 4.1.9)

But it didn't help...

Updating the app pretty certainly won't change it, you'll have to live with either always dismissing the popup everytime or downgrading the app.

Reactions: Iron_Lion_Zion
Updating the app pretty certainly won't change it, you'll have to live with either always dismissing the popup everytime or downgrading the app.

Seems you are right.

I've just logged out the DJI GO app, deleted the app 4.1.9, rebooted my iPad (just in case), then reinstalled 4.1.9 back again, logged in... and nothing. The "error: altitude and distance limited" pops up again.

Seems the only option is to downgrade DJI GO app.

BTW what version of the app should I install? Any thoughts?

Seems you are right.

I've just logged out the DJI GO app, deleted the app 4.1.9, rebooted my iPad (just in case), then reinstalled 4.1.9 back again, logged in... and nothing. The "error: altitude and distance limited" pops up again.

Seems the only option is to downgrade DJI GO app.

BTW what version of the app should I install? Any thoughts?

Personally i only use 4.1.3 / 4.1.5 version . I don't mind 'bout the color preset since i can play around with filter and custom color adjustment.

Reactions: Iron_Lion_Zion
Reread and you probably will... They decided firmware downgrade OK, parameters not OK. For some reason.

I ordered a brand new mavic, will probably be delivered within the next week. I suspect it comes with .1000. I'm curious if the rollback to .700 will work. Hopefully they did´nt any HW-changes preventing any rollback... I will report to you...

BTW: Can I try to rollback out of the box without ever having activated/registered the bird? Will I loose activation/registration on every FW-change I will do?

Last edited:
i thought no talk of such things.......wow just amazing........sorry dont get it
Not sure what you don't get ..what are you like wanting all this deleted .
After all the crap I have took for this and after 176 post you come up with that .

Not sure what you don't get ..what are you like wanting all this deleted .
After all the crap I have took for this and after 176 post you come up with that .
sorry haven't been around, i took a lot of crap from here and youtube other forums, just to hear from grape vines it all started up again, so kinda confusing.....

Reread and you probably will... They decided firmware downgrade OK, parameters not OK. For some reason.
see the confusion........firmware ok, parameters not ok, isn't firmware a written code made up of parameters, ??????????? so if i dont like new firmware parameters, i will erase and reinstall old parameters,, hense meaning you rewrote new parameters...........ok sorry, i got banned form forums trying to explain that some things should change, but......whatever, just not worth it......

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frostseb