DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to rollback Mavic firmware

Just got done doing .700 which completed without a problem. @digdat0 's video in post #1 says that the Assistant may not show the updating complete when it actually has completed. This can be determined by turning on the RC and, if it connects, then the updating is complete. Have a look at the video to make sure I've got it right.

Agree, i rather see my drone led to check is it finished or not. While flashing you can check red led blinking, after uploading files finished you can see red front led will go off, back led will blinking processing before the drone restart. If after restart you see your front led red blinking again, that means it's still processing to finish transformation. You also can see in your computer that your sdcard is mounted without connecting your rc though. You can learn led signs at drone manual.

However, my mavic seems can't accept 0.400 fw version. If i install that version my mavic gimbal will dance crazy at start up. Also startup sound is weirdly delayed. My brand new mavic was preinstalled with 500 fw version.

Reactions: BudWalker
If it's error , then upgrade process is canceled. You can reflash it again to 700
yea...that's what im trying, like I said it repeatedly hangs at 60 percent.

Any body experience hangs at 60?
c4f9dd1851810f7ed355e0a501f56e11.jpg

That's what I get each time.

Last edited:
yea...that's what im trying, like I said it repeatedly hangs at 60 percent.

Any body experience hangs at 60?
c4f9dd1851810f7ed355e0a501f56e11.jpg

That's what I get each time.

Perhaps you can see what the error logs said? So you may find the problem?

Perhaps you can see what the error logs said? So you may find the problem?
Not been able to find those log files. there were a few in the DJI assistant folder, with the date of today, but those text files where empty.

Not been able to find those log files. there were a few in the DJI assistant folder, with the date of today, but those text files where empty.

Maybe you need to redownload 700 bin image from repo and make sure it's not corrupt.

Last edited:
Maybe you need to redownload 700 bin image from repo and make sure it's not corrupt.
I've flashed the same file / image in the past, it worked then.

I've also then backed up the image via dumldore, and tried to flash that also...same thing.

I've flashed the same file / image in the past, it worked then.

I've also then backed up the image via dumldore, and tried to flash that also...same thing.

How about if you upgrade it to 550 or 500 first. Is it the same?

I've not tired that...but do you think that would make a difference? It's the same installation process no?

What is just frustrating for me right now, is I can't figure out why it would work at some point in the past, and then it suddenly decided to stop working. Or why one firmware flashes without issue, and another just hangs.

I've not tired that...but do you think that would make a difference? It's the same installation process no?

Since you can't see what error or log file, it's just another trial and error. If you can use mac , i recommend use DronezBreak with debug on so you can see the log said. It's mac version of dumldore .

Since you can't see what error or log file, it's just another trial and error. If you can use mac , i recommend use DronezBreak with debug on so you can see the log said. It's mac version of dumldore .
No access to a Mac I'm afraid.

Oh well. Sometimes this ***** is more hassle then it's worth.

Last edited by a moderator:
How abbout extra battery? How to downgrade battery firmware?

put it in, turn on .. in assistant or dji go,you get incompatible firmware update, press okay to update. it will bring battery in sync

Reactions: rickw
I recently got the inconsistent firmware message pop up, I slid it over,and the update failed :( everything still works okay though. Should I be worried?

Am I missing something, but isn't this the easiest way to roll back ( starting 1:34):

Edit:
Yep, I'm missing something HSK is right, you can no longer roll back using the method shown in the video,

Last edited:
Am I missing something, but isn't this the easiest way to roll back ( starting 1:34):

No. At the moment DJI only offers one firmware in their official software. The latest, so you can't technically roll back to another.

Thanks for the instructions! Took my .900 back to .700 and going to live there in airplane mode.

Only issues I ran into were when I put the spare batteries in. I checked everything through the Go app and was happy. Then I remembered the .900 upgraded the batteries. Battery A was downgraded along with the Mavic with no issues, so I put on battery B and brought up the app which told me there was a firmware incompatibility. Slid to have that fixed and the downgrade failed, leaving battery B with the two central LEDs doing their slow blink. It had a full charge, so plugged everything back into the computer and tried to upgrade to .1000 hoping it would fix the battery. The download took so long that the install failed for insufficient power. I plugged battery B straight into the wall charger, not using the hub, so while two center LEDs continued blinking, I just hoped it was charging.

Popped battery C into the drone, upgraded to .1000 using Assistant, then downgraded via DUMLDore so battery C was kept compatible.

After an hour, I put battery B back on the drone and used the Assistant to detect the difference and force a correction. This time it worked and now all three of my batteries, my remote, and my drone are happy.

Reactions: Ping^Spike
Any idea why battery B failed on the downgrade while the others didn't? I am looking to do the same thing and go from .900 to .700 but these kind hiccups are a little scary. It sounds like DUMLDore was used to flash the mavic multiple times and you had no issues?

Did you notice any differences from going back to .700? I upgraded by drone straight away to .900 so I never got to test earlier firmwares.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmo4