DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How To Share Video Files

I've just made my first short videos and was surprised at how large the files are. A 3 minute video is almost 2GB and that is not even in 4K. How do you share files like this with family and friends? They are too big to send via email.
go to www.vimeo.com and register for a free account (5 GB per month). Then, when you have that account established, drag your file on to the upload page and fill in some of the information. Once Vimeo processes your video it will appear in your e-mail. Use the Vimeo number for the link to this forum.

here is my account for an example

Mine (mostly) say they are too, they sure don't look it
For those of you who watch these You Tube Videos...Note well!! (N.B.)

Immediately after opening a You Tube, STOP IT (pause). Go to the lower right hand corner, and click on the cog-wheel icon. Click on the highest resolution offered (4K, 2160, 1080, etc). You Tube does not start out with its highest rez, even though it is available. Then, once you have selected the highest Rez, re-start the playing of the film.

Reactions: Thomas B
I've just made my first short videos and was surprised at how large the files are. A 3 minute video is almost 2GB and that is not even in 4K. How do you share files like this with family and friends? They are too big to send via email.
Get a program like Any Video Converter, (AVC), free, or Handbrake and convert to an mp4 with a bit rate of 4,500 kb/s for 1080 X 1920. This will result in a file of about 90 MB, (a lost smaller than your 2 GB!). this is equivalent to a hi-res YouTube video. you can experiment with different resolutions and frame rates, (24 instead of 29 fps).

If you want to keep control of your videos use any of: Microsoft One Drive, (5GB free), Vimeo, (5 GB free with a max single file upload of 500 MB), or a google account storage. All allow you to send an access code to whomever you wish.

Immediately after opening a You Tube, STOP IT (pause). Go to the lower right hand corner, and click on the cog-wheel icon. Click on the highest resolution offered (4K, 2160, 1080, etc). You Tube does not start out with its highest rez, even though it is available. Then, once you have selected the highest Rez, re-start the playing of the film.
It is worth noting that even good water-cooled video cards may stutter on 4k video.

Upto 5GB can be transferred for free here I've used them a few times. Seems OK. You can pay, if you need to send larger files.

I share my videos with onedrive and just send my friends the link . I always use there email.

Immediately after opening a You Tube, STOP IT (pause). Go to the lower right hand corner, and click on the cog-wheel icon. Click on the highest resolution offered (4K, 2160, 1080, etc). You Tube does not start out with its highest rez, even though it available. Then, once you have selected the highest Rez, re-start the playing of the film.
If you watch youtube via a browser this app auto selects hd or highest option available.
Website = Open-Source Application Development
scroll down to yourube section for HD Player

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tarizzman