DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to spot a drone

Most modern real helicopters now have strobe position lights. I've always had fixed Position Lights with Red on the Left Side, Green on the Right Side white on the Tail and a Rotating Beacon on the Top and sometimes on the Belly.

Reactions: TampaTC
If day or night, you see a Light or Aircraft not moving if it's coming towards you! You'll see movement if it's not coming at you!! I would still put Red on the Left Side, Green on the Right Side and White in the tail position. Once below 10,000 feet AGL a Turbine (Jet) Airplane have to be slowed down to 250 knots or less. If I was approaching a Final Approach Point I could still be at 200 knots and as I locked onto the Instrument Landing System (ILS) dependent on gross weights and traffic I could still be above 140+ knots passing thru 400' AGL. Properly lighted Position lights would let a Approaching Pilot know at a glance if he would clear a drone that shouldn't be in his Approach Path. Years ago we'd worry about small pre-drone Homebuilt Airplanes climbing out right thru our approach paths in solid IFR Conditions! I've had many near missed over the years!

Reactions: TampaTC
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet