DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to spot a drone

Ally-24

Reactions
How could I spot a drone in the night sky? Also is there a flash when they take pictures?

Thank you for your help!
Ally

You'd need to see it. At night this would be aided by lights. No extra lights displayed while taking a photo.

You'd need to see it. At night this would be aided by lights. No extra lights displayed while taking a photo.
Ok what would it look like? I'be seen a bright light that was always in the same spot but it moves. I've also red and green flashing light.

Reactions: Tahir
Ok what would it look like? I'be seen a bright light that was always in the same spot but it moves. I've also red and green flashing light.
Helicopters also have flashing red and green lights but are much brighter so you are much more likely to see that at distance. Sometimes it can be possible to see a drone and mistake it for a helicopter that’s far off in the distance if you don’t know what to look for. Vice versa.

How could I spot a drone in the night sky? Also is there a flash when they take pictures?

Thank you for your help!
Ally
My avatar is my MA with Firehouse lights. In the photo they are not in the strobe but are very bright.

If you put tin foil up in your windows it will cause the drone crash when it takes a picture of you. The lights reflection triggers the collision sensors to cause a forced landing. I covered my mini blinds in foil so I can close them quickly whenever I hear that familiar buzzing sound.

I
If you put tin foil up in your windows it will cause the drone crash when it takes a picture of you. The lights reflection triggers the collision sensors to cause a forced landing. I covered my mini blinds in foil so I can close them quickly whenever I hear that familiar buzzing sound.
It works even better if you wrap your head in tin foil, that way the drones can't change your mind. :)

did it look like this?
If someone is spying on you the lights will have been made invisible.... duct tape for example.
Don’t worry.
If anyone catches someone with a drone that has duct tape covering the nav lights has my permission to give the pilot a good ole fashioned beatdown

lol

Reactions: Rondal
I have a video that I'm not able to upload for some reason? Here's another pic
I'm guessing the number of UFO reports skyrocketed in your neighborhood... ;)

I'm guessing the number of UFO reports skyrocketed in your neighborhood... ;)
Lol,i have several dji drones i have lights for but my favorite is my phantom 1 with leds that circle it vertically and horizontally that had people pull over and scream look its a ufo,ill look for that pic and send it when i find it.

Last edited:
Reactions: PAW
If someone is spying on you the lights will have been made invisible.... duct tape for example.
Don’t worry.
I agree Tom, appears like someone joined the community out of paranoia. . . .

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan