DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to stop DJI From adding images

What do you mean precisely when you say "images and videos of other products?"

I think it's called advertising

Even so, where? If you navigate to the Store section of the app sure you are expected to see products being advertised for sale, but otherwise? OP should clarify if he wants input.

exactly adding images and videos in my photos app on android

You are saying random photos and videos are showing up in your Android device's camera roll after using the DJI Go 4 app? I've only used it on iOS devices. Far's I know you have to explicitly download an image from the Go app to your phone's general photo storage.

Open Gallery, click on Albums, click on three dots at top, select Hide or unhide albums, choose albums you don't want to show up in your Gallery. Done

Reactions: Kilrah
You need a dedicated device and keep it offline or firewall it on Android. The only problem is getting maps for the area you’re flying in. Every network access is your software phoning home.

Is this an Android thing? Never seen or heard of it before
They are seeing the small images downloaded when DJI forces through newsletters and advertising in the app, then they appear in the phone gallery as if you downloaded them intentionally.
It will be happening with IOS too but they probably hide it.

Reactions: kaitiura
They are seeing the small images downloaded when DJI forces through newsletters and advertising in the app, then they appear in the phone gallery as if you downloaded them intentionally.
It will be happening with IOS too but they probably hide it.
Nope, not seen any forced newsletters or advertising in the 6 months I’ve been using the app

The problem is an Android thing. Even people using Android phones but don’t have dji app have similar complaints.

The problem is an Android thing. Even people using Android phones but don’t have dji app have similar complaints.

I've never seen this in 8 years of using various Android devices with other apps - I think it's really just a problem with the DJI app not making sure these directories are excluded from indexing - something they could easily fix in the app.

Reactions: Drgnfli
EVERY time I open the DJI Go4 app on my Samsung Galaxy S7 phone I get a new ALBUM in my GALLERY titled DJI_SPALSH which may be Chinglish for Splash. It is a link to some of their advertising

Here is a screenshot

I Dunno Screenshot_Gallery.jpg :confused:

EVERY time I open the DJI Go4 app on my Samsung Galaxy S7 phone I get a new ALBUM in my GALLERY titled DJI_SPALSH which may be Chinglish for Splash. It is a link to some of their advertising

Here is a screenshot

I Dunno View attachment 43511 :confused:
I have this I my photo folder .....and I have not downloaded it...?
Android SG8+Screenshot_20180720-125515_Gallery.jpeg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deltabird