DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to stop drone

JPayne

Reactions
What are the settings for the mavic 2s to slow it down in all modes? Drone wants to fly upward a foot or so when pushing forward or reverse. I really have to be ever so gentile to stop the drone from lifting up when engaging forward movement. I tried all three modes and they all seem the same. Sorry for all the questions !

What are the settings for the mavic 2s to slow it down in all modes?
The max speed is different in each flight mode. If you want to fly slowly, then Cine Mode is likely going to be the best choice.

Reactions: JPayne
The max speed is different in each flight mode. If you want to fly slowly, then Cine Mode is likely going to be the best choice.
I know that, but it seems Cine mode flys like the other two modes. I have gone one mode to the other and back to Cine and it still is like i'm in normal or sport. I will get the hang of this thing I HOPE.

it seems Cine mode flys like the other two modes
That doesn't seem right. Does your flight log show you were actually flying in Cine mode?

What are the settings for the mavic 2s to slow it down in all modes? Drone wants to fly upward a foot or so when pushing forward or reverse. I really have to be ever so gentile to stop the drone from lifting up when engaging forward movement. I tried all three modes and they all seem the same. Sorry for all the questions !
Turn off OA whilst performing your desired task and use small incremental inputs...

logs says N mode but I have Cine mode chosen. I have tried all three and then choose Cine. But logs says in normal mode
A couple of thoughts...

1. Make sure you change modes after the drone/controller are powered on and paired. Every time you power them off, the mode resets to N regardless of what the switch on the controller says.

2. As Dronecation rightly pointed out, when obstacle avoidance is on, the drone will not allow you to fly without a considerable distance between it and the ground. It will let you lower your altitude a foot or two above the ground, but the moment you begin moving it will automatically increase your altitude to 5 feet or so. The way to get around this is to turn off obstacle avoidance.

Reactions: SeaPig and JPayne
A couple of thoughts...

1. Make sure you change modes after the drone/controller are powered on and paired. Every time you power them off, the mode resets to N regardless of what the switch on the controller says.

2. As Dronecation rightly pointed out, when obstacle avoidance is on, the drone will not allow you to fly without a considerable distance between it and the ground. It will let you lower your altitude a foot or two above the ground, but the moment you begin moving it will automatically increase your altitude to 5 feet or so. The way to get around this is to turn off obstacle avoidance.
Weather is rain for the next 5 days, but will try that first chance . I also deleted the go fly app since phone had an update . Downloaded the app again just now.

Just in case the
Weather is rain for the next 5 days, but will try that first chance . I also deleted the go fly app since phone had an update . Downloaded the app again just now.
Just in case you really meant the Go fly app, the correct app is DJI Fly.
Also, if the OA is not the answer, try recalibrating the control sticks.

Does the controller beep shortly when you switch the modes? It should.
Also, make sure you are changing the mode when you're in the air hovering, because it is reset to N mode on takeoff no matter of the position of the switch.

Reactions: Matrix64 and JPayne
Does the controller beep shortly when you switch the modes? It should.
Also, make sure you are changing the mode when you're in the air hovering, because it is reset to N mode on takeoff no matter of the position of the switch.
That was the problem, I was changing modes before take off. I was told to change modes one to another. I just missed it had to be flying.

Reactions: Matrix64 and Yaros
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121