DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to stop propellors from spinning after a crash?

I was unaware of any social contract that I accepted. Was there a button I missed when ordering? Or is it in the DJI Go app?

If you missed something this important along the way then it's not just your loss, bub, but everyone else's who you choose to fly around. More's the pity for them.

Read the FAA rules again. You DO have responsibilities as a drone pilot of a registered drone according to them, and according to every State in the U.S. if you happen to injure a person or damage personal responsibility with a drone. Stepping up as a self-declared drone pilot forms a social contract with all others which you have willingly entered into. Same applies when you turn 18 and are then legal or obtain a driver's license. By doing so you enter in a social contract that dictates to a large degree what is now acceptable and unacceptable behavior during the activity involved. Go afoul of those rules and you are in trouble.

Moreover, part of living in an organized, civilized society is having enough common sense to recognize and understand the social contracts each of us makes daily and enters into by the choices and actions we make. Gun owners have entered into a different social contract than non-gun owners are held to. When you are sharing public spaces with others by flying a relatively heavy object with dangerous spinning propellors in close proximity to people, you certainly have entered into a social contract that states you will not pose a threat to anyone or anything, that you will be adequately familiar with and MAINTAIN CONTROL over the aircraft, and that you will not be a nuisance to others by your actions.

No,obviously there is no button on your controller to accept this social contract or designed into any Apps. But there just might be one day if drone pilots do not properly handle the limited freedom we have been granted by the Government to fly as we can at the present. If there are too many drone incidents in the future and public sentiment is mounted against them- as can easily be done in America these days - then we could all see our flight privileges negatively impacted. Besides, you entered into this social contract when you purchased your Mavic, registered it with the FAA, and took it someplace that was not your home or property to fly it.

In this nation alone we are a diverse herding species composed of hundreds of millions of individuals with many different personal perspectives and belief systems. The only thing that helps maintain order in this incomprehensible coming together of all of this diversity are the social contracts that are in place designed to establish that order. Much of it, again, is supposed to be common sense learned simply by living among others. But when it's serious enough, then it's relegated to the written word in what we call the Law, which is a higher level of social contract you have entered into by being a U.S. citizen and must adhere to nationwide, unless you're an ambassador from a foreign nation and have diplomatic immunity.

Otherwise, yeah, it exists.

Reactions: MavicMo
Jesus dude. You running for president or something? And I lost interest before I finished reading that novel.

If you missed something this important along the way then it's not just your loss, bub, but everyone else's who you choose to fly around. More's the pity for them.

Read the FAA rules again. You DO have responsibilities as a drone pilot of a registered drone according to them, and according to every State in the U.S. if you happen to injure a person or damage personal responsibility with a drone. Stepping up as a self-declared drone pilot forms a social contract with all others which you have willingly entered into. Same applies when you turn 18 and are then legal or obtain a driver's license. By doing so you enter in a social contract that dictates to a large degree what is now acceptable and unacceptable behavior during the activity involved. Go afoul of those rules and you are in trouble.

Moreover, part of living in an organized, civilized society is having enough common sense to recognize and understand the social contracts each of us makes daily and enters into by the choices and actions we make. Gun owners have entered into a different social contract than non-gun owners are held to. When you are sharing public spaces with others by flying a relatively heavy object with dangerous spinning propellors in close proximity to people, you certainly have entered into a social contract that states you will not pose a threat to anyone or anything, that you will be adequately familiar with and MAINTAIN CONTROL over the aircraft, and that you will not be a nuisance to others by your actions.

No,obviously there is no button on your controller to accept this social contract or designed into any Apps. But there just might be one day if drone pilots do not properly handle the limited freedom we have been granted by the Government to fly as we can at the present. If there are too many drone incidents in the future and public sentiment is mounted against them- as can easily be done in America these days - then we could all see our flight privileges negatively impacted. Besides, you entered into this social contract when you purchased your Mavic, registered it with the FAA, and took it someplace that was not your home or property to fly it.

In this nation alone we are a diverse herding species composed of hundreds of millions of individuals with many different personal perspectives and belief systems. The only thing that helps maintain order in this incomprehensible coming together of all of this diversity are the social contracts that are in place designed to establish that order. Much of it, again, is supposed to be common sense learned simply by living among others. But when it's serious enough, then it's relegated to the written word in what we call the Law, which is a higher level of social contract you have entered into by being a U.S. citizen and must adhere to nationwide, unless you're an ambassador from a foreign nation and have diplomatic immunity.

Otherwise, yeah, it exists.

Jesus dude. You running for president or something? And I lost interest before I finished reading that novel.

No, not really. I just felt like throwing some pearls before a swine, that's all. Thanks for playing.

The other day is had a minor crash with my Mavic, and I noticed that when it hit the ground it flipped upside down and the propellers kept spinning. They were just drilling into the ground, which lead to some prop damage.

Even though I held down the decend stick, they wouldn't stop.

Does anyone know if there is some sort of option I can enable so that if this happens again the props will just stop?

Thanks [emoji2]

Sent from my SM-G800Y using MavicPilots mobile app
The last paragraph of the screenshot from the manual confirms the CSC will NOT work by default when flying, unless a critical error is detected.
I hit a small tree in my garden today; the drone immediately tangled in the twigs and the CSC would not cut the motors for around 10 seconds.
So, unless you've previously gone in and amended the default setting to enable mid-air CSC, the OP's question is fair; how do you stop the rotors when you crash?

Have to say, been flying for a couple of years; only just started reading this forum; am pretty amazed by the self-righteousness of some of the people and their comments on here. Thought a forum was for positive help and collaboration, not crowing know-it all flaming....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobsuruncle