DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to switch off HD transmission

Dronenewbie8

Reactions
Is there a way to switch off HD transmission in the app? I'm getting constant (and unexpected) transmission lag with my recently purchased iPad Mini 4. I've searched through the threads yet all I see is an option of Custom or Auto, and Standard for those - I don't see any way to switch off HD. Am I missing something? Thanks for any suggestions - it's pretty much impossible to record with this lag.

It’s definately in the app. I was looking at it a couple of days ago.

It’s definately in the app. I was looking at it a couple of days ago.
I agree, it's should be there but I have only the options I mentioned. I even reinstalled the app and it still isn't there. I only have Normal or HD under Transmission, and it's set to Normal.

Mmm that should be it. Something else is causing an issue perhaps?

Mmm that should be it. Something else is causing an issue perhaps?
Maybe it is another issue, but I don't get it - it's always set on Normal transmission. I have absolutely no issues with anything using my Samsung S9 phone doing the same flights from the same field from the exact same spot. I also tried different fields and still the same transmission lag issue with the iPad. I'm getting rid of this iPad. Thanks for your feedback.

Well the ipad mini 4 is really old tech.....i had constant problems with transmission etc till i purchased a 2018 6th gen ipad.....i am almost positive it is your ipad mini 4 giving u problems! Also the s9 is newer tech and will be faster for sure. U can get a 6th gen ipad pretty cheap! I got mine for 329$ i can also edit 4k with it in lumafusion it is a little beast.

Is there a way to switch off HD transmission in the app? I'm getting constant (and unexpected) transmission lag with my recently purchased iPad Mini 4. I've searched through the threads yet all I see is an option of Custom or Auto, and Standard for those - I don't see any way to switch off HD. Am I missing something? Thanks for any suggestions - it's pretty much impossible to record with this lag.
I use a mini 4 also. On the go4 app scroll through the settings under the controller icon I believe. There is an option to turn this down to standard transmission. I get this same problem when using hd transmission. Make sure you are doing this with the drone powered on.

Well the ipad mini 4 is really old tech.....i had constant problems with transmission etc till i purchased a 2018 6th gen ipad.....i am almost positive it is your ipad mini 4 giving u problems! Also the s9 is newer tech and will be faster for sure. U can get a 6th gen ipad pretty cheap! I got mine for 329$ i can also edit 4k with it in lumafusion it is a little beast.
Thanks for your feedback Mike - I think you're 100% correct about this. I'll look into the 6th gen units.

Thanks for your feedback Mike - I think you're 100% correct about this. I'll look into the 6th gen units.
Def man.....the 6th gen ipad will actually let u download the actual 4k file from drones sdcard.....(big deal if u edit with lumafusion or imovie on ipad) ...u just have to have everything running like remote, drone, and ipad.....this is a big deal because on any Android phone that I've tried it on it will only let you download up to 1080p files so you always have to take the SD card out of said device and put it either in computer or usb reader....don't know why android phones can not dl the 4k files, ive tried with galaxy s9+, one plus 7 pro, note 10....so its pretty cool that u can with the ipad .....and since it is the actual file off of the sdcard makes it quick and easy to edit with lumafusion. In lumafusion scrub rates are insane and export is almost real time.....the A10 is a beast in that ipad!

Reactions: Dronenewbie8
open the transmission image, in that screen click on image hd and select standard image ok?

Reactions: mereflyer
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll