DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to tell CE or FCC

If you have a Mavic Mini is there anywhere on your tablet or settings you can tell if you have a CE model or FCC model MM?
Okay so somebody seems to be able to answer this for you yeah you can tell from the model number or you can also tell inside the app of whether or not I'll let you switch over or not. The difference between the two is that the 2.4 gigahertz is a lot longer range but it's not as quick responding Plus depending on where you're at may or may not have less interference. 5 gigahertz channel as a lot less interference especially in the US and has a lot faster real-time response however it's not going to reach near as far. You can get over 2 mi with the 2 GHz as I was able to do with my mavic pro when I had 2.4 gigahertz enabled but if you get inside the Us and order and they know that they're sending it to the US and you have a mini then they're not going to probably want to send you the 2 gigahertz follow me? In my opinion that you get hurt would be better although it's something you have to realize before you order one so you can make sure that you specifically get that one otherwise you're going to always get the 5 gigahertz one which to me sucks I wish I would have known beforehand

Okay so somebody seems to be able to answer this for you yeah you can tell from the model number or you can also tell inside the app of whether or not I'll let you switch over or not. The difference between the two is that the 2.4 gigahertz is a lot longer range but it's not as quick responding Plus depending on where you're at may or may not have less interference. 5 gigahertz channel as a lot less interference especially in the US and has a lot faster real-time response however it's not going to reach near as far. You can get over 2 mi with the 2 GHz as I was able to do with my mavic pro when I had 2.4 gigahertz enabled but if you get inside the Us and order and they know that they're sending it to the US and you have a mini then they're not going to probably want to send you the 2 gigahertz follow me? In my opinion that you get hurt would be better although it's something you have to realize before you order one so you can make sure that you specifically get that one otherwise you're going to always get the 5 gigahertz one which to me sucks I wish I would have known beforehand
Voice to text f***** up several things there but most of it says what it's supposed to say so I'm not going to bother correcting it the thing about getting hurt is supposed to say 2.4 GHz

This is an interesting article that shows the spec's for the difference in transmission power for the FCC and CE models of the Mavic Mini:

yes it makes one hell of a difference able to fly over 2 miles and come back and not be able to fly more than two blocks on 5 ghz then you'll know how much of a difference it makes

Oh yes it is! ...

I've heard places that it is possible too but I'm not sure I think those people might have the other model anyway that has both ranges of bandwidth or whatever you want to call at 2.4 and 5 gigahertz which in my experience is not available on the ones I know it for sure it's not available on certain ones cuz I've got one that's like that it's only got 5 gigahertz it'll be great out in the settings like something is not available on any other software that you see where something is grayed out it's just like that

I've heard places that it is possible too but I'm not sure I think those people might have the other model anyway that has both ranges of bandwidth or whatever you want to call at 2.4 and 5 gigahertz which in my experience is not available on the ones I know it for sure it's not available on certain ones cuz I've got one that's like that it's only got 5 gigahertz it'll be great out in the settings like something is not available on any other software that you see where something is grayed out it's just like that
*Greyed out like an unavailable option*
And yes the transmission screen on the settings this is what it looks like right here to find that screen 1612747133995.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman