DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

how to update firmware to all flight batteries

zman12000

Reactions
So i downloaded the new firmware to my mini with one battery in it. i now changed the flight battery to a second one.. how do i update the second flight battery?

Reactions: old man mavic
when you start up the AC on the start screen you will see a message new battery firmware install now just touch the screen in the box around the message and it will start to update and a percentage dial will show you how it is progressing do this for any more batts you may have

Reactions: Capt KO
OK thanx for the quick response. i did not see that new message come up when i put the new battery in, so i will try it again in a while, i am charging everything up right now.

OK thanx for the quick response. i did not see that new message come up when i put the new battery in, so i will try it again in a while, i am charging everything up right now.
Quite everything. Put in the new battery. Then start up. That works for most, but repeat for each battery

Reactions: old man mavic
So wait, batteries need firmware updates too? Live and learn. So is the first battery that was in the mini for the craft firmware update automatically squared away? I didn’t get any messages about the battery. Already tested with new app and firmware, everything works fine - even the location indicator seems to be doing a better job. So now the correct move is to just put the other 2 batteries in and start up for the battery firmware?

Completely close Fly, change battery and restart everything. Should give you the option to upgrade battery on main screen. Patience.

Never seen a battery update and have used all three on separate days

But the latest firmware came out this morning.
DJI used to put in their release notes if battery update was included. Would be nice if they continued that practice so we'd know and be sure to get it done.

Same here after checking other two batteries. Dji should have written that somewhere. The threat here, helped for the update. Thank you guys ?

What dose the Battery update do ? Is the Battery now a intelligent Battery like the Battery on the Mavic 2
it was to do with the way the drone and battery respond to each other when the drone is turned on and the battery info that is displayed in the app

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JesseLaw