DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to use Dashware with your DJI Videos - Tutorial

The template in dashware is who read the CSV. There are several templates.
In your latest video you open a csv file and show us all the lines and info inside, using that info to choose what to make a new gauge with, the quick attempt to make the above sea level gauge, I am wondering how to open them files to have access like you showed us.

Reactions: zeusfl
Cool Video,
sadly my english isnt much good but i understand mostly ( i hope)
What i need too is : how to convert units from maybe mph to kph and so on.
And after this, how to tell Dashware to use this with Gauges.

Greetings from Germany
Hallo pyrolator, auch ich versuche seit viel Zeit, Dashware zu verstehen. Vielleicht hast Du Lust mich zu kontaktieren, dann können wir versuchen, gemeinsam weiter zu kommen. LG aus Hamburg
Sorry the other members, that I wrote in german.

Long time ago, is there any news about using with Mini 3 pro Flight Logs?
This is an old thread but really useful. I haven't found anything I like as well as Dashware to get a data overlay.

Here are some simple screen shots showing the steps I used for the Mini 3 Pro that would work for any drone. Watch the tutorial first. In short, all the editing can be done inside Dashware but I discovered a bug; after you edit profiles inside Dashware you have to create a new project with that profile or Dashware gets confused when loading old projects. Minor, but a hiccup. (On my system, it tries to load old projects with a profile I created long ago for a different drone rather than the new one. There is likely some easy way to do this that I don't know about.)

>>the column headings from the CSV define what fields can be used in the gauges. I use Airdata to gen the CSV,
>>the profile maps the column names to the field names
>>for new data fields, you have to add the data field to the gauge and then select it as a source for the display.

I haven't got the battery field to work yet, not sure why.

Good luck!

Attachments

• 01  CSV File from AirData.JPG
    01 CSV File from AirData.JPG
    1,012.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 02 Edit Data Profile in Dashware.JPG
    02 Edit Data Profile in Dashware.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
  • 03 pulldown to match profile.JPG
    03 pulldown to match profile.JPG
    963.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 04 example.jpg
    04 example.jpg
    608.8 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: pyrolator
This is an old thread but really useful. I haven't found anything I like as well as Dashware to get a data overlay.

Here are some simple screen shots showing the steps I used for the Mini 3 Pro that would work for any drone. Watch the tutorial first. In short, all the editing can be done inside Dashware but I discovered a bug; after you edit profiles inside Dashware you have to create a new project with that profile or Dashware gets confused when loading old projects. Minor, but a hiccup. (On my system, it tries to load old projects with a profile I created long ago for a different drone rather than the new one. There is likely some easy way to do this that I don't know about.)

>>the column headings from the CSV define what fields can be used in the gauges. I use Airdata to gen the CSV,
>>the profile maps the column names to the field names
>>for new data fields, you have to add the data field to the gauge and then select it as a source for the display.

I haven't got the battery field to work yet, not sure why.

Good luck!
Rendering errors: as said, with no audio Dashware won't render i.e. create an output video. I do this:

ffmpeg -i input.mp4 -i silence.mp3 -map 0 -map 1 -c copy output.mp4

Where silence.mp3 is a silent (not empty) MP3 file. Since it is just copying the video content not rendering, it only takes a moment to execute even for large video files.

Last edited:
Rendering errors: as said, with no audio Dashware won't render. I do this:

ffmpeg -i input.mp4 -i silence.mp3 -map 0 -map 1 -c copy output.mp4

Where silence.mp3. Since it is just copying the video content, it only takes a moment to execut even for large video files.
Sorry I have been out of the loop. I will try to make a new video clarifiying. About this topic, using the line of fmpeg is the easiest way in my opinion but if you are not computer savy, you can just import the original video from the drone that does not contain audio file to your favorite video editor, add any music or audio file or silence audio file, in that way dashware can process or encode the file. Without audio attached to the video, dashware can not process the file. Is a defect from the software.

Sorry I have been out of the loop. I will try to make a new video clarifiying. About this topic, using the line of fmpeg is the easiest way in my opinion but if you are not computer savy, you can just import the original video from the drone that does not contain audio file to your favorite video editor, add any music or audio file or silence audio file, in that way dashware can process or encode the file. Without audio attached to the video, dashware can not process the file. Is a defect from the software.
Thanks for all the past work. The video tutorials are really helpful. Bugs and all, I still like Dashware better than the alternatives.

Reactions: zeusfl
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78