DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to use Dashware with your DJI Videos - Tutorial

There is another technique to avoid the loss of quality. Basically, you will overlap the video but with a green or blue screen where you will see only the gauges with the blue or green screen in the background.

This is an effect called Ultra Key in premiere pro or Chroma Key in Davinci.

In this way, you will use the very original video and just apply the Gauges on top of the video as you desire without losing any quality.

Check this video, the person explains the technique using Chroma Key in dashware.

Reactions: pyrolator
I think csvview will export to gpx, kml. Or am I remembering right? Or is it datcon?
The problem with using another method to convert from TXT to CSV is that each software uses different table names. Having said that caused a problem for the Profile to identify the names of the tables. If we use different table names we need to keep customizing the profiles. If everybody uses the same method we can standardize the profiles in dashware without the need to modify the profile.

There is another technique to avoid the loss of quality. Basically, you will overlap the video but with a green or blue screen where you will see only the gauges with the blue or green screen in the background.

This is an effect called Ultra Key in premiere pro or Chroma Key in Davinci.

In this way, you will use the very original video and just apply the Gauges on top of the video as you desire without losing any quality.

Check this video, the person explains the technique using Chroma Key in dashware.

ok yes... this definately would work. Before I started attempting to use dashware etc. i was able to knock out a video in an hour or two. doing all this rendering takes lot of time. I now understand though why you would want to use chroma key or whatever...

Sadly, I do not have the know how but i wonder if there is a way to hack the drone in order to do all this while it is recording. This has been done before with old camcorders....remember how they had the date and time on the video as it recorded? I imagine we could not do it with the fly app because it is licensed or something... but maybe somebody who knows what they are doing could make an entirely new fly app with the ability to add any of these gauges or whatever have you.

I noticed earlier using airdata that their time is not the same as mine. looks like they are not considering daylight savings... as it result i tried to manipulate the date time gauge and wowser... if you somebody knows how to do all that i can imagine the next step would be being able to make an entirely new app. I could be wrong obviously because i have no clue what i am talking about.

nevertheless, I know when i used to do HTML coding... i would copy an entire websites html and then simply manipulate it the way i wanted.... it was a lot easier than making it all from scratch. If you removed a few things from it ....it could not be considered the original.

how sweet would it be to add the gauges etc before flying?

The problem with using another method to convert from TXT to CSV is that each software uses different table names. Having said that caused a problem for the Profile to identify the names of the tables. If we use different table names we need to keep customizing the profiles. If everybody uses the same method we can standardize the profiles in dashware without the need to modify the profile.

I am still confused about where you are getting the TXT files? I am beginning to wonder if you are getting them from the android fly app.... I have never done this. I have been getting mine from the SD card. IE subtitles (.SRT). If i am correct that would explain the vast differences i am experiencing.

I am still confused about where you are getting the TXT files? I am beginning to wonder if you are getting them from the android fly app.... I have never done this. I have been getting mine from the SD card. IE subtitles (.SRT). If i am correct that would explain the vast differences i am experiencing.
Instead to go to your device and get the TXT file (this is too much work) I just have to sync my Airdata to the DJI servers. When you finish flying (having your device connected to the internet) your device automatically sends the flying log to DJI cloud servers. Then when I go to Airdata, Airdata automatically syncs their logs with the DJI cloud servers.

The flying log will just be there when I open Airdata.com.

In other words, all i need to do is open Airdata.com, select my flight and download the CSV file.

Reactions: pyrolator
CSV file or the GPX file from airdata both work in Dashware. No need to go searching on your phone or tablet. Its all done automatically when you log into airdata.

Reactions: zeusfl
Instead to go to your device and get the TXT file (this is too much work) I just have to sync my Airdata to the DJI servers. When you finish flying (having your device connected to the internet) your device automatically sends the flying log to DJI cloud servers. Then when I go to Airdata, Airdata automatically syncs their logs with the DJI cloud servers.

The flying log will just be there when I open Airdata.com.

In other words, all i need to do is open Airdata.com, select my flight and download the CSV file.

this is what i have been doing.

Scott, I just finish the video for you. Is processing in YouTube so check in few minutes.

Reactions: scott492010
The video probably looks blurry rights now since YouTube is still processing the good quality. Just wait 1 or 2 hours and should looks good.

The video probably looks blurry rights now since YouTube is still processing the good quality. Just wait 1 or 2 hours and should looks good.

That was an exceptional tutorial/video. Thank you very much. I have been very busy and was having a late supper. I promised myself i would wait until after supper to watch the video but 40 minutes in the oven seemed like an eternity so i started watching it. I became so involved that i burned my supper.

After watching your video it all seems so damned obvious. I cannot believe i was so blocked. Its like half my brain was tied behind my back and the non logical side is all I had to work with.

I am definately gna try that jdownload trick.... although i am wondering how it has worked as good as it has so far... not sure if its already installed or what.

Absolutely. Here is.
You have the new Data profile and the gauge.

Attachments

• Profiles.zip
    10.2 KB · Views: 15
Reactions: scott492010
I glad works. Have you tried another video with the gauges? Wich drone are you using?

If you want to install FFMPEG without having to install jdownloader just follow the instructions here. Jdownloader kind of takes over your computer if you let it.

Cool Video,
sadly my english isnt much good but i understand mostly ( i hope)
What i need too is : how to convert units from maybe mph to kph and so on.
And after this, how to tell Dashware to use this with Gauges.

Greetings from Germany

airdata use Flytrex data type. My profile is a Flytrex modified.

Your videos are helping a lot, thanks for all the work you put into them. And for the record I think a gauge for altitude above sea level would be a great addition when you get it working, maybe even be able to figure out myself after watching this latest video.

The template in dashware is who read the CSV. There are several templates.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead