Join Us Now

How to use Dashware with your DJI Videos - Tutorial

Using the beast with Windows 11.

pc2.jpeg
. pc`.jpeg

Is working with me.
I will redo the tutorial

View attachment 155909
well like i said before it was working and then all of a sudden it was not. So i am not sure going thru the tutorial will help. I will definately give a try though. I have already completely uninstalled it and reinstalled it multiple times.

I was having problems with my powerdirector and i discovered that i had two different versions of powerdirector installed. I uninstalled the business version and now it all works. I then wondered if that was possibly affecting dashware so i tried it again. it all works except for rendering.

Since it was working and then it wasnt i am still thinking i have other software causing the problem. I just for the life of me cannot pinpoint it.

and this is the beast i am using with windows 11 pro.

20220720_203051.jpg
CPU.jpg
GPU.jpg
iGPU.jpg
memory.jpg
Motherboard.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: zeusfl
Hello Zeusfl,
try to use your Data-Profiles with my Mini3Pro.
Not working correct with the Mini 3 csv that Airdata creates :(

Are you so kind and adjust the Profile for the Mini 3 Pro.

Greetings and stay healthy

Hello Zeusfl,
try to use your Data-Profiles with my Mini3Pro.
Not working correct with the Mini 3 csv that Airdata creates :(

Are you so kind and adjust the Profile for the Mini 3 Pro.

Greetings and stay healthy
Can you post here a flying log from your Mini 3? I do not have one.

Can you post here a flying log from your Mini 3? I do not have one.
First thank you for your engagement.

I attached the airdata output file.
Have to rename csv to txt cause the forum denied the csv format.

Hope that this file can help you and all Mini 3 Pro users to get Dashware run flawless.

Greetings from Germany

Attachments

• Sep-4th-2022-03-37PM-Flight-Airdata.txt
    2.3 MB · Views: 4
First thank you for your engagement.

I attached the airdata output file.
Have to rename csv to txt cause the forum denied the csv format.

Hope that this file can help you and all Mini 3 Pro users to get Dashware run flawless.

Greetings from Germany
Perfect !! Thanks !!

Reactions: pyrolator
I try your XML like explained in the Vid.
Sadly all Variables seems to be Static or Empty.
See the Screenshot in the Attachment.

I think im a totally Dashware-Dumbass :(

I try your XML like explained in the Vid.
Sadly all Variables seems to be Static or Empty.
See the Screenshot in the Attachment.

I think im a totally Dashware-Dumbass :(
Do not use those dashboards. Use the one i created for the Mavic3

Use this one. Mavic 3.dashware

I made this video to represent the multiple problems i seem to be having with dashware after hours of investigating.

I also used a csv file from flight air data and this is what i got.
1.jpg2.jpg

Last edited:
The problem with the way you do it is that your data extracted from the files next to the video is limited. The data extracted from the flying log contains much more information and when Airdata converts that to CSV has different table names that the Data Profile can not recognize by your gauges or vise verse. We need to point the gauge information to match the table's names and also data conversions. I will do a video explaining this better.

Pooohhh, dont understand much :(
You mean better to take the CSV from the Controller ?

The Flying logs are TXT files and there is a tool to convert the data from TXT to CSV but I am not using that tool anymore since using the information from Airdata for me is better. In that way, I can standardize the names for the gauges and we do not need to reinvent the ball.

I currently have almost everything working except the joystick gauge and the vertical speed side. I need to take time to work with that one.

Is better to overlap all the video first and them cut the parts you don't need. Also you can add a silence audio track with FFmpg.

You can create a .BAT file with this code:

@Echo off

set ffmpeg="C:\Program Files\FFmpeg\bin\ffmpeg.exe"
set audio_duration=1800

echo FFmpeg Add Audio Track
echo.
echo Creating silent MP3 file...
%ffmpeg% -y -f lavfi -i anullsrc=r=44100:cl=mono -t %audio_duration% -q:a 9 -acodec libmp3lame silent_audio.mp3
echo.

for %%f in (*.mp4) do (
echo Processing: %%f
%ffmpeg% -y -i "%%f" -i silent_audio.mp3 -c copy -shortest -map 0:v:0 -map 1:a:0 "%%~nf_audio.mp4"
echo.
)
echo.
echo Press any key to close...
pause > nul

Then run the .bat next to the video file and will add a silence audio track. Download FFmpeg
If all you have is a video mp4 without any audio, not sure that silent audio tracking is necessary.

If all you have is a video mp4 without any audio, not sure that silent audio tracking is necessary.
for defect, the codec looks for audio files and if does not exist will give you an error.

Checking your video,
The very original Flying Log file is in a TXT file (from your device) but is kind of encrypted. Airdata process that TXT file and allow you to download it as CSV (that is what you need for dashware), KML (usable for Google Earth), GPX, or Original.

Again I will try to make a video soon to explain better since I am at work now.

Checking your video,
The very original Flying Log file is in a TXT file (from your device) but is kind of encrypted. Airdata process that TXT file and allow you to download it as CSV (that is what you need for dashware), KML (usable for Google Earth), GPX, or Original.

Again I will try to make a video soon to explain better since I am at work now.
I think csvview will export to gpx, kml. Or am I remembering right? Or is it datcon?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom