DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to use POI with the Mavic 2 Pro

Page 29 of the user manual explains POI 2.0 perfectly. Its a big improvement.

I am finding out the hard way how to get this to work and it is a b*tch on wheels. No youtubes, no videos on DJI...Any tell me how to use it? The guys who run the DJI store didn't know how to use the features; in fact I have an iphone 8 and I can't use the gimbal horizontal movement and all the DJI store said was "Well it doesn't like Apple"
I can confirm that both poi and horizontal gimbal movement work on my iPad 2018 - so it's not a "doesn't like Apple" thing.

It might not work on smaller screen sizes may be? Need to ask users who have iPhones

The POI has really been improved and setting it up works like a dream. What doesn't work however is that my gimbal speed and smoothness setting is ignored in this mode and trying to add gimbal movement for cinematic effects becomes really hard.

Height is set by the left stick.

Gimbal left/right is press and hold for 1-2 seconds then drag left/right.

Height is set by the left stick.

Gimbal left/right is press and hold for 1-2 seconds then drag left/right.
OK so the height is gilbal left, is that done before I press the OK (after I mark the poi) Then Gimbal right is that for radius? And what do I press and hold for left to right? If it is my finger, I have tried that and still can't get the gimbal into horizontal movement>

Thanks

Gimbal left/right wont work to my knowledge in POI.

Altitude can be adjusted before or after hitting go. Radius, speed and altitude can be adjusted on the sticks at any time.

So the radius is using left stick to the right; and the altitude is by using the left stick to the left? Then I press the go button? I wonder why I have a go button that shows up once I identify the POI? and then one lower down?

Yes I have an iphone 8 and I cannot get the gilbal to go from side to side, the guy at the DJI shop said it was the phone? The iphone 8 is the newest phone. I am reading how to shoot a POI route; but the directions seem poor. Could you give me the 3 or 5 steps we have to do? I got it working but I had to start POI and during its movement press on the radius and then press on the height, and there was no setting for the height of the poi. When I shoot homes for realtors I set the POI height to 7 feet. Can't do that with this????

Thanks,

John

I don’t think you can use the on screen gimbal control in POI mode ad the screen input is used to determine other actions in that mode. You can change the elevation as normal with right stick.

These were all great videos, and almost preclude the necessity for Litchi; I did download the Litchi beta app and it seems to work fine, although my Mavick gave me a message that a certain file was missing and I had to do a 3 minute firmware update earlier this week. I don't know if that was due to Litchi being on the phone or not so I took Litchi off. I have also been having trouble with my drone losing video connection 3 times this week. I hope it was just a loose connection since my iphone stays in its protective case when I use it.

Has anyone else had video controller connection issues?

Thanks this taught me a lot. Once their waypoints come out we might not need Litchi; I'm in their Beta test and fear being a guinea pig with a $1,400 Mavic

Check this out:
Thanks this fixed most of my issues I am now having connection problems. I bought a heavy flash plug to mini USB plug because the ones from DJI always break and then I noticed I was loosing my video.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JReynolds078