DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to verify RID on RC

Js415

Reactions
I recently picked up a nice Mini 3 Pro from a member here and am getting used to all the new items compared to my MPP.

One of the items I am trying to verify is how to verify that I am transmitting my RID?

I have looked through the menu settings and I do not see anything there. I have tried tracking it using several of the mentioned apps on my phone, without success.

Is there a place somewhere on the screen or in a menu that should tell me what my number is and that is is indeed transmitting?

All of my software shows up to date.

My controller is using 01.03.0500
My aircraft is using 01.00.0600

Does this all sound correct. When I check for updates, it tells me I am up to date.

Thanks,

Jerry

Tap this status message to open the Flight Checklist:

1695590966151.png

You should see a message there stating "Remote ID functionality normal".

My controller is using 01.03.0500
My aircraft is using 01.00.0600

Does this all sound correct.
Yes, that all sounds correct.

Thank you all....

I have been searching for two solid days to verify it was working. Such and easy solution in an easy place to find.......

I had no idea that you could find that menu from there.

It says working normally, so I should be good to go.

Thanks,

Jerry

Reactions: MA2 317
Nobody's mentioned AirSentinel, OpenDroneID, and other smartphone apps that show RID location of drones in range but do not tie into the drone registry...

I've got no experience with them myself, am waiting firmware for Mavic 2s and trying to find RID unit for Inspires, Minis don't need it. They're what I'm expecting to use to see what my drone is doing...

I tried Drone Scanner and Dronetag on my Samsung.

I used both of them while I was flying my mini, and I could never get either one of these to find the Mini # Pro. That's what sort of started the whole search to see if mine was actually working.

Thanks,

Jerry

Hi,

I have trouble verifying if my drones are indeed transmitting RID. I have tried Drone Scanner, Air Sentinel, and OpenDroneID apps with minimal success.

Ronald Reagan has said, "Trust, but verify". To that end I have ordered the $85 UAS Sentry Remote ID Compliance Verification Unit:

UAS Sentry Remote ID Compliance Verification Unit

Does that unit work as advertised? I will soon know.

Regards,
Richard

Airdata in the flight notifications page will say “RID is active” just like Home point set

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer