DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to video a flyover

Dronelink appears to be quite the powerful route planning platform. I’ve gone through several of their YouTube series’ episodes already. As a hobbyist, I may not be comparing Litchi to Dronelink anytime soon, because I’ll be too busy learning and playing with my free version of Dronelink.

Great spiral vid...thanks for sharing!
I totally understand that and agree. I’m a “one trick pony” and have take things in stages. Half the fun is the learning challenge.

That I know. My question is whether the camera will point straight down when the craft is directly over the POI. What will it do after passing the POI ? the craft quickly turns around to keep the POI at the center of the view ?
Remember that the Gimbal can only drop 90 degrees at its maximum- so if you have set up the center of the Tennis COURT as a POI... FOr a FLY over (directly overhead)... the Drone Will SPIN around after having past the center, and slowly decrease angle as it moves 'backward away from the POI.

The Point here is a FAST 'SPIN around' - You need to factor this in.

The more cinematic shot can be done from say 100ft to the SIDE of the POI ... Which would result in a Slower 'Turn' of the Image and Not require a Direct 90degrees DOwnward of the Gimbal Pitch.

A direct flyover using a POI - seldom Produces Visual comfort for Studying the terrain - Lateral shots are Often Better.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zacf