DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to video.

CharlesRWpro

Reactions
Hi, I have a Mavic pro which I will soon be upgrading but my Question is this. I have 11 memory chips with video on but have no idea as to how I can get it onto my computer and then what software to use to edit it.
Sorry to ask this here as I am sure the same question has been asked many times before but due to an IED. my brain goes into shut down mode when I try to go through lists. Thanks in advance, Charles

Do you mean 11 SD cards. If so you need a memory card reader that you can plug into your pc and download the video files. Then you can download a free editor off the net to edit your movies

without knowing what you have that you will be plugging into, just go to YouTube and search “card reader”. If you’re talking about an sd card?

For editing, Blackmagic Design has a free version of DaVinci Resolve that does a great job of editing video. I use the paid version of that software as it came with my cinema camera and I love it. Check that out. There are any number of good online training resources for it also.

Personally, I just copy the video directly off the drone while it's attached to my PC via the USB cable. I find that easier than other methods. Put each of your memory cards in the drone while it's turned off, turn it on and drag the files to your computer. Power the drone off, switch cards and repeat.

Hi, I have a Mavic pro which I will soon be upgrading but my Question is this. I have 11 memory chips with video on but have no idea as to how I can get it onto my computer and then what software to use to edit it.
Sorry to ask this here as I am sure the same question has been asked many times before but due to an IED. my brain goes into shut down mode when I try to go through lists. Thanks in advance, Charles
Does your computer have an SD card slot/ reader? If not, get one.
The just plug it into your computer, locate the media files and download them, or drag and drop on the folder where you want them. You will likely have to rename the containing folder, which I do by dates of contained files.

Barring a card reader, your Pro can be used as a card reader, though you have to have it powered on. Use a micro USB cable to connect the AC to the PC, but don't start Assistant. A USB storage will appear. That's the SD on the AC.

Consider some smaller gig cards.
128’s hold a lot of info and if something goes wrong or one is lost, there goes all the info.
May be better to have smaller cards so that if Murphy’s law comes into play, you’re not kicking yourself quite so hard.
Glad you got it sorted out.

Consider some smaller gig cards.
128’s hold a lot of info and if something goes wrong or one is lost, there goes all the info.
May be better to have smaller cards so that if Murphy’s law comes into play, you’re not kicking yourself quite so hard.
Glad you got it sorted out.

That's a very good point.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob@max