DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How well the Mavic 2 Zoom copes in wind.

Greekislandlover

Reactions
I'm currently working on a video celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary. Going back to the beach location we had our pictures taken, adding some drone footage of the location.

Anyway, the end shot is going to be us and the kids standing on the steps we had the originals taken 25 years back. As my son lives and works in London, and my daughter is often away for weekends, we rarely get all of us together in the same place at the same time. Even then, getting them all in the same car is like herding kittens. So despite it being less than perfect weather we went for it. The wind off the sea was very strong - normally I wouldn't even take the drone out of the bag - let alone fly! But when the next opportunity presents itself is an unknown, so up she goes. She was bucking around at low levels something rotten!!

So this is the basic shot, along with a stabilised version from Adobe Premiere Pro. Look at the way the foliage, clothing and hair is blowing and it's just amazing to me she could even fly - let alone end up with something so stable.

glad it wasnt the Mavic Mini ,that would have been a whole different ball game

I'm currently working on a video celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary. Going back to the beach location we had our pictures taken, adding some drone footage of the location.

Anyway, the end shot is going to be us and the kids standing on the steps we had the originals taken 25 years back. As my son lives and works in London, and my daughter is often away for weekends, we rarely get all of us together in the same place at the same time. Even then, getting them all in the same car is like herding kittens. So despite it being less than perfect weather we went for it. The wind off the sea was very strong - normally I wouldn't even take the drone out of the bag - let alone fly! But when the next opportunity presents itself is an unknown, so up she goes. She was bucking around at low levels something rotten!!

So this is the basic shot, along with a stabilised version from Adobe Premiere Pro. Look at the way the foliage, clothing and hair is blowing and it's just amazing to me she could even fly - let alone end up with something so stable.

Wow, I’m impressed. What would you say the winds were gusting up to when you shot this video. Congratulations on your 25th anniversary, that great!
Blue skies from SoCal

Wow, I’m impressed. What would you say the winds were gusting up to when you shot this video. Congratulations on your 25th anniversary, that great!
Blue skies from SoCal

I'd say force 6 on the Beaufort scale. I.E. 25 - 30 mph coming straight at us. The poor old drone had to do the shot backing into it.

I'd say force 6 on the Beaufort scale. I.E. 25 - 30 mph coming straight at us. The poor old drone had to do the shot backing into it.
Well I’m more impressed. I’ve been caught in 30mph winds before under a high performance parachute, not fun ?. I’m glad it all turned out well. I’ve been married 8 years to a Scottish lass from Balloch, I hope we make it to 25 years plus?

Reactions: Bobvt
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet