DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Howdy from Bakersfield California

Reactions
Home of Buck and Merle, drag boat racing, and Kevin Harvick. Kind of a hick place, but I fit right in. I'm a consulting engineer for a small refinery here, almost 60, father of 3, grampy of 2, avid houseboater, waterskier, snow skier, offroader, back packer, drag racer, fly fisherman, etc, and so forth. Lot's of subjects for me to photograph. I just need more hobbies now, and I will be good to go.

Welcome to the community Big Daddy Houseboater . . . you'll fit right in here too. We are happy to have you. Quite a bit of activity (you got) going on there. What bird are you flying?

Reactions: dirkclod
Bought a used Mavic Air locally for $600 with fly-more bundle. It had a skin, which I am replacing as we speak. I have 40 or so flights, mostly over water at my Houseboat. Started using Davinci Resolve, and learning about the editing of drone vids. Works good, and the price is right.

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Bought a used Mavic Air locally for $600 with fly-more bundle. It had a skin, which I am replacing as we speak. I have 40 or so flights, mostly over water at my Houseboat. Started using Davinci Resolve, and learning about the editing of drone vids. Works good, and the price is right.
Looking forward to some of that video . . . I've been all thru that area. Mighty fine places to fly up there.

Reactions: dirkclod
Bakersfield? Welcome! We were almost neighbors for a year, as I was in Buttonwillow watching sheepherders watch their sheep, jug hustlers and thumper trucks ;)

wish I had a drone back then, I would’ve gotten some really great aerial photos!

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
Home of Buck and Merle, drag boat racing, and Kevin Harvick. Kind of a hick place, but I fit right in. I'm a consulting engineer for a small refinery here, almost 60, father of 3, grampy of 2, avid houseboater, waterskier, snow skier, offroader, back packer, drag racer, fly fisherman, etc, and so forth. Lot's of subjects for me to photograph. I just need more hobbies now, and I will be good to go.
Welcome to the hobby, and forum. You live in a good place to fly the Mavic Air, surrounded by beautiful terrain no mater the direction.

I used to visit all the outer areas in your area, from Mojave Desert, Keens (Railroad loop), mountains east and west of Fort Tejon, So many places to mention you have a lot of history in your area.

I do fly in your area, mostly video old historical settlements and it’s surrounding terrain. Live north of you, 70-80 mile drive.

Enjoy the Mavic air, good drone to start with.
Paul

Welcome to the hobby, and forum. You live in a good place to fly the Mavic Air, surrounded by beautiful terrain no mater the direction.

I used to visit all the outer areas in your area, from Mojave Desert, Keens (Railroad loop), mountains east and west of Fort Tejon, So many places to mention you have a lot of history in your area.

I do fly in your area, mostly video old historical settlements and it’s surrounding terrain. Live north of you, 70-80 mile drive.

Paul
Get out to the Carrizo Plains? I was working there and on Elkhorn Plains before it became a National Monument, that would’ve been an awesome place to fly! The way the San Andreas Fault runs through that valley as a set of double parallel hills is awesome. The Central Valley sure does have a lot to offer!

Welcome to the forum! :)

Paul
I have a 60' houseboat at Pine Flat Lake up by you... Best place EVER to fly a drone.

Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton Ohio! Fly safe and have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78