DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Howdy, from NE Oklahoma

RH009

Reactions
Been a lurker for awhile and thought I'd say howdy. Have read a ton of interesting and insightful information from these forums, so I figured I'd register and contribute. Been flying a MA2 for the past few months and have just over 100 flights in and a little over 7 hours of flying time. So far, it's been a lot of fun, and not a huge cost, yet.....

- Rob

Safe flying. You live in a state with such a variety of amazing landscapes. Lived in Lawton for a year, and loved the Wichita NWR. Interesting trivia: Oklahoma is one of the few states to lose a National Park. Look up Platt NP. See Chickasaw National Recreation Area.

TIL! It's a little far for a quick trip, but I'll definitely add it to our list of places to visit. I want to go to the ghost town of Picher and fly over the chat mounds. Driven around there, but didn't have my drone at the time. My biggest concern is if there would be magnetic interface, which I have no idea about. Thanks for the warm welcome.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . 👍

TIL! It's a little far for a quick trip, but I'll definitely add it to our list of places to visit. I want to go to the ghost town of Picher and fly over the chat mounds. Driven around there, but didn't have my drone at the time. My biggest concern is if there would be magnetic interface, which I have no idea about. Thanks for the warm welcome.
Yea, the story of Picher is pretty interesting. Hadn't thought about the place for a long time.

Hello from the Crossroads of America rob78.

Nice to meet you Rob. 🤝

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum! Thumbswayup

An amazing forum, a lot of people with a lot of knowledge. Where in NE OK, I live in Oswego KS about 30 miles from Picher.

I live just south of Tulsa. It's about a 2hr drive north to Picher. And yes, a lot of good information that I've found on this forum.

Been a lurker for awhile and thought I'd say howdy. Have read a ton of interesting and insightful information from these forums, so I figured I'd register and contribute. Been flying a MA2 for the past few months and have just over 100 flights in and a little over 7 hours of flying time. So far, it's been a lot of fun, and not a huge cost, yet.....

- Rob
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Fly safe and have fun!

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama, welcome to the forum!

Yea, the story of Picher is pretty interesting. Hadn't thought about the place for a long time.
Was born in Miami Ok (1956), and the family would go to the Chat Piles to shoot 22's - We never knew that it was 'dirty'. Even so, I'm still 'normal' (ha, ha, ha) or at least my own normal. Welcome to the forum - there's so much good information here - and you can learn a lot!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
obanat