DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Howdy from Texas!

gw812

Reactions
Originally from Dallas but now in beautiful Hill Country! Always been interested in drones, even built a small LEGO one that I frequently (okay, constantly) crashed but cost has kept me away from something serious. Was at McKinney Falls State Falls one day and saw a guy pull out a tiny one and zip it into a spot nobody could get to for a few photos. Immediately intrigued, I asked him about it and he showed me the DJI Mini 2 and the photos he was able to get with it - went IMMEDIATELY to Costco and burned some rebate cash for a kit! Fast forward 8 months and I'm now taking my part 107 and formed a single-member LLC to try it as a professional side gig!

Last edited:
Originally from Dallas but now in beautiful Hill Country! Always been interested in drones, even built a small LEGO one that I frequently (okay, constantly) crashed but cost has kept me away from something serious. Was at McKinney Falls State Falls one day and saw a guy pull out a tiny one and zip it into a spot nobody could get to for a few photos. Immediately intrigued, I asked him about it and he showed me the DJI Mini 2 and the photos he was able to get with it - went IMMEDIATELY to Costco and burned some rebate cash for a kit! Fast forward 8 montha and I'm now taking my part 107 and formed a single-member LLC to try it as a professional side gig!
Good luck GW! We love going for drives in the Hill Country of Texas, when we get out of Houston. Also good luck with your side gig.

Welcome to the forum.
Please and do be sure you have read our guidelines.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Hello from the Crossroads of America gw812.

Good luck with your Part 107 studies. 👍

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Originally from Dallas but now in beautiful Hill Country!

Welcome from the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, USA. We have a Member's Map in the Upper Right of the Title Bar. Click on "Members" and then Click on "Member's Map…" Check it out and you might find some new flying friends.

I lived in San Angelo, TX, in the late '90s when I was stationed at Goodfellow AFB. I love the hill country and I put many miles on my Harley cruising the Edwards Plateau region, south of SA. All those rivers and creeks made for a quick dip while on a hot ride worth it…

Back then, there was a gas stop/food shop (can't call it a gas station as they pumped their gas out of a tank on the back of a pickup truck…) located west of San Saba. The wife also make wonderful, to-die-for hamburgers with beef, pork, veal, and who knows, "road-kill" on a mesquite fired spit. Afterwards the owner/proprietor entertained us firing his potato cannon, powered by acetylene gas.

Below is the link to all of the downloads offered by DJI for the Mini 2, including the User Manual.

After you read the Manual, read it again, you will be surprised what you missed the first time and you will be better prepared for that first "scary moment…"

Happy Droning…

DIE HARD Cowboy fan from Savannah, Ga saying hello. Great place you found here. This place can only increase your knowledge even if just by lurking... +1

NOTE: Roger (the original Captain Comeback) drove them all the way down the field and hit Jackie Smith in the gd numbers in the endzone in Super Bowl XIII. As far as I'm concerned, they won that one. I was 13, I think, and haven't cried that hard since. lol

Jackie Smith, btw, was one of only 2 players on the whole team that Landry DIDNT draft. He was a p/u from the Cardinals. What a BUM! grrr..

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to the forum! Good luck with all of your goals and adventures. Let us know if we can help with anything.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
devilsown