DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Howdy from Texas

Edge767

Reactions
Howdy, y'all!

I'm Edge, and I'm not new to RC (been flying fixed-wing RC for nearly 40 years) but I'm new to DJI drones. While I've been primarily into Warbirds, I've owned a few helicopters and quads for the past 7 or 8 years, but just yesterday, I got my toes wet in the DJI pool. I can see now how these drones have allowed so many to successfully enter the hobby; it's very intuitive, and the technology takes a lot of the difficulty out of it. While having all the RC experience I have helps, it is a different skill set. The one area I see that my experience helps is when the drone is coming at me; my mind has no problem with adjusting opposite control inputs. I'm used to that. Fortunately, my helicopters and quads use the same control setup. The helicopters have been for those cold, rainy, or otherwise indoor days so I can scratch the flying itch in a pinch. I can see how taking my Mavic 2 Pro with me on trips is going to open a new world in two of my favorite hobbies: flying and photography. I only wish I'd have gotten into this game sooner!

My first videos haven't been anything to write home about, so I won't post them. I am going some neat places this weekend and hope to get some more stick time and practice in then. For now, here's a photo of me flying one of my Mustangs.

Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you with us. You'll find that the drone makes a terrific camera platform. In the past, when you were doing still photography, how many times did you wish you could get a higher vantage point? Well, now you can.

Reactions: Edge767
Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Reactions: Edge767
Welcome to the forum! :)

Howdy, y'all!

I'm Edge, and I'm not new to RC (been flying fixed-wing RC for nearly 40 years) but I'm new to DJI drones. While I've been primarily into Warbirds, I've owned a few helicopters and quads for the past 7 or 8 years, but just yesterday, I got my toes wet in the DJI pool. I can see now how these drones have allowed so many to successfully enter the hobby; it's very intuitive, and the technology takes a lot of the difficulty out of it. While having all the RC experience I have helps, it is a different skill set. The one area I see that my experience helps is when the drone is coming at me; my mind has no problem with adjusting opposite control inputs. I'm used to that. Fortunately, my helicopters and quads use the same control setup. The helicopters have been for those cold, rainy, or otherwise indoor days so I can scratch the flying itch in a pinch. I can see how taking my Mavic 2 Pro with me on trips is going to open a new world in two of my favorite hobbies: flying and photography. I only wish I'd have gotten into this game sooner!

My first videos haven't been anything to write home about, so I won't post them. I am going some neat places this weekend and hope to get some more stick time and practice in then. For now, here's a photo of me flying one of my Mustangs.

View attachment 73103
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio! Fly safe and have fun!

Welcome, I bet those fixed wing aircrafts are fun also, what would u get for range with those?

Welcome to Mavicpilots.com. If you ever need advice or repair questions, feel free to reach out to the forum.

Best regards and good luck,

Rob
Thunderdrones

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143