DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Huawei mediapad m5 or ipad 2018

MGVision

Reactions
Hello guys, i ordered mavic 2 pro + fly more kit and now i am wondering which tablet to buy. I am intrested in ipad 2018 9,7 or huawei mediapad m5 10,8. Someone is using this huawei tablet? You think it can be good alternative for mavic 2 pro or ipad 2018 will be better? I like big screen option.
Next thing is that i need mount for those tablets but i already broke myself from money so i cant get mavmount 3. Is there any other mount you can recommend for tablet 9,7 or bigger?

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
Also thinking about this, Ipad or the Mediapad 8,4 tho. Don't know which

Hello guys, i ordered mavic 2 pro + fly more kit and now i am wondering which tablet to buy. I am intrested in ipad 2018 9,7 or huawei mediapad m5 10,8. Someone is using this huawei tablet? You think it can be good alternative for mavic 2 pro or ipad 2018 will be better? I like big screen option.
Next thing is that i need mount for those tablets but i already broke myself from money so i cant get mavmount 3. Is there any other mount you can recommend for tablet 9,7 or bigger?

I was thinking of buying the Ipad, until I found out that the WiFi only version dosen't have GPS.

I was thinking of buying the Ipad, until I found out that the WiFi only version dosen't have GPS.
No GPS in a tablet isn't a real problem for the way most users fly.
The only things that use a tablet GPS are:
Follow-me flight - the Mavic has to know where its target is but active track doesn't need the tablet's GPS and works better.
Resetting home to the controller's location - used when flying from a moving car or boat - but since you aren't going to use RTH to land on the car or boat, as long as you are flying within sight or the car or boat, resetting home to the drone's current location works just as well.
There are no other flight features that use a tablet's GPS.

Reactions: kilomikebravo
A bit late but for anyone still interested, I have used the Huawei M3 and their M5 in the 8 inch size and both were excellent flying tablets.
Fast to boot, runs the app flawlessly, loud speakers so you hear any alerts, with a great screen and without the overheating issues of iPads..

I don't disagree with any of that, however I've chosen the M5 simply because it's cheaper and has the GPS functionality.

It's good to know that it's a great tablet for the Mavic.

I'll be picking it up today. :)

I was on the same road last week because of the 2-3 websites I found that listed them as "compatible."

I would rather lose my home than own an Apple product and my Note 9 just wasn't cutting it for safe flight ops.

I went with this one because of the larger display, 64 mb of RAM and the 64 bit quad-core 2 GHz processor. In fact, I actually ordered 2 so I'll have one used only for flying.

Lenovo Tab 4 Plus, 10-Inch Android Tablet, 64-bit Octa-Core Snapdragon, 2.0 GHz, 64 GB Storage, Black, ZA2T0003US https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079H8GWTK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_taa_GWJMBbX5YP89N

I was on the same road last week because of the 2-3 websites I found that listed them as "compatible."

I would rather lose my home than own an Apple product and my Note 9 just wasn't cutting it for safe flight ops.

I went with this one because of the larger display, 64 mb of RAM and the 64 bit quad-core 2 GHz processor. In fact, I actually ordered 2 so I'll have one used only for flying.

Lenovo Tab 4 Plus, 10-Inch Android Tablet, 64-bit Octa-Core Snapdragon, 2.0 GHz, 64 GB Storage, Black, ZA2T0003US https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079H8GWTK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_taa_GWJMBbX5YP89N

Any updates on how it turned out with the Lenovo. I'm in the market for a tablet to use with my Mavic 2 Pro but i can't make up my mind which way to go.

Any advice is much welcomed

Dan

Any updates on how it turned out with the Lenovo. I'm in the market for a tablet to use with my Mavic 2 Pro but i can't make up my mind which way to go.

Any advice is much welcomed

Dan
I just got my first of 2 of these tablets in and haven't flown yet because we are so busy with projects at the house, but I'm extremely eager to report back to you on it. :)

Reactions: MyMateDave
Got my Huawei m5 today from amazon for 25euro, so much better with a larger screen! It really helps alot

Any problems with the DJI Go 4 app or anything else negative to report on the tablet, its one I have my eye on so trying to narrow down my options

Nope nothing. I guess its going to be functioning for a long time since the CPU for it is from last years top mobile devices and still holding really strong.
The only device i've had problem, and that was in terms of "lag", no crash or anything, was Samsung j5 that is really really old cheap model from 2015.

It run great with the same performance that i could notice, with my Galaxy s7 Edge, Iphone 7 and now my new Mediapad m5. No crash or anything jet and i have had many flights with it now. Many people is saying that IOS is the thing to use with Dji Go, but i haven't had a problem with android. Another thing why i was getting the android also is because of that nld (hacking software of dji) is not working on Ios and they said in a mail they will not support Ios if they get it to work on Mavic 2.

A bit late but for anyone still interested, I have used the Huawei M3 and their M5 in the 8 inch size and both were excellent flying tablets.
Fast to boot, runs the app flawlessly, loud speakers so you hear any alerts, with a great screen and without the overheating issues of iPads..

Yours is m3 lite or m3

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada