DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hudson Valley New York

here is one from yesterday at cornwall waterfront i did with the mavic pro.middle of week to end of week im free to meetup with anyone local to hit some spots close by

Reactions: Crocket1158
IAM in poughkeep my self always looking for some one to fly with !!
Hey i am new to the forum. Looking to see some flight and talk with someone that has had some ownership experience before I buy(hopefully next week).
I am from poughkeepsie area and would like to meetup this weekend to see some flying.

Reactions: johnsctt78
Well i work on MIDHUDSONS AND FLEW NEAR THE GROUNDS ...U CAN FLY JUST GOTTA STAY AWAY FROM HELIPAD...THERE APROCH IS FROM THE FRONT IF THE HOSPITAL FROM RT 9
All right, here's my problem (I think). I live in Poughkeepsie and according to B4UFly, under the Status Details/Nearby Airports page of the app, there are 2 heliports within my vacinity, "Midhudson Rgnl Hospital of Wes" and "Vassar Hospital". I checked and neither one have a control tower and yet "Current Location, Now" page is showing the "Warning - Action Required" logo. Still learning here (used to fly Ultralights years ago, thing's have surley changed). Aside from entering my Future Flight Info, do I need to do anything else? OOps, FAA registered recreational flying.

Thanks, great forum here.

Reactions: johnsctt78
I flew my Mavic Pro out to the castle from that platform today. It was so windy, I had it on full throttle the whole time and I was lucky to go maybe 5mph. The Mavic was steady but I was fighting a strong headwind. Coming back I easily hit 25mph in normal mode though. I’ll have to go back on a less windy day.

johnsctt78's got the spot right in my words! This is the view from the deck and the location on Google Map 3D
- GaryView attachment 49537View attachment 49538View attachment 49539View attachment 49540

I flew my Mavic Pro out to the castle from that platform today. It was so windy, I had it on full throttle the whole time and I was lucky to go maybe 5mph. The Mavic was steady but I was fighting a strong headwind. Coming back I easily hit 25mph in normal mode though. I’ll have to go back on a less windy day.

deff a little too windy today,i recently launched from the cornwall waterfront park to the island,maybe 2 min out to the island

Had pretty good luck today!

Attachments

• bi.jpg
    bi.jpg
    719.1 KB · Views: 21
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett