DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

HUGIN

rocdok

Reactions
Hi, I tried various searches and couldn't find my answer. I'm using Hugin - watch a few vids and have gotten some results. Currently trying to do a particular pan and wasn't lining up perfectly i.e. images slight off from each other=blur. I put 35mm into the focal length (was using 28 which worked on another project) and it fixed it mostly. However, on the website the mavic camera says 78.8 degrees and 28 mm '35mm format equv'. ON Hugin, when you put 35mm in the focal length it pops up with HFOV of 56 or something like that, not 78. And when I put 78.8 in the HFOV, it comes up with focal length of 22 or something like that, not 28 or 35. If someone can explain, great, but at the very least I just want to move on with my projects - should i use 35mm and let it decide on HFOV or should i use 78.8 HFOV and let it decide the focal length? and is there a focal length multiplier number i should use other than '1' ? thx a heap ahead. If this info is hidden somewhere please point me to a thread and sorry to waste anyone's time.....I have been printing and framing huge pans ( 48 x 12 type of thing and love this ****).

Reactions: Budmancan
so in this link:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B75KzdQpFJCwMk1xcFZ6Z1hzejA
the first pic is combination of 2 pics using Hugin and '35mm' in the lens data box- just so so- not great for a big pan printing.
The third pic is just one of the 2 pics no stitching and it's a pretty good pic just not as expansive. The middle one is autopan of the same 2 pics as the Hugin above and It looks great (haven't paid 150 or whatever yet).
I assume I am doing something wrong with Hugin.....hopin for help......on the lens thing......(+:

EDIT: ADDED PTGUI
PS IN PTGUI I PUT 35 MM AND FOCAL LENGTH MULT 5.5

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djiNonMini