DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Are folks happy with the camera? Close enough?

Shuttersky597

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I have been pondering on moving to a M3 Pro for the longer focal length. But from all my years of being a still photographer, I forgot one important note. I can always crop in, but never crop out. I remember teaching this to many new aspiring photogs and especially folks using their smartphones as cameras.
But still, I am trying to get a consensus from my classic family as to whether you have moved or miss the longer focal length and have you been able to crop enough in post and not lose too much ?
Also , have you been able to create decent parallax videos with your Classic?

I have been pondering on moving to a M3 Pro for the longer focal length. But from all my years of being a still photographer, I forgot one important note. I can always crop in, but never crop out. I remember teaching this to many new aspiring photogs and especially folks using their smartphones as cameras.
But still, I am trying to get a consensus from my classic family as to whether you have moved or miss the longer focal length and have you been able to crop enough in post and not lose too much ?
The wide camera of the Mavic 3 series is a fine camera, but if you are thinking you can just crop images taken with the wide camera to achieve similar results to those of the tele cameras on the Mavic 3 pro, think again.
Here are some examples of comparison shots with all three cameras.

I have no doubt of it's capabilities. I understand the optics also. I have found from experience, that the times I zoomed in and shot at times that someone saw me shooting and asked if I got this person or in the links case, boat in the shot. Sorry, cropped out. Sorry. Also I found that during initial capture I used to frame what looked like the perfect shot, and found out later in post that I should have not shot it so tight. Especially when doing 8X10 or 11X14 aspect ratios. I saw numerous videos on changing from camera to camera did not transfer the current settings. I might be wrong. It shouldn't be an issue using Auto settings, which I rarely do.
I do have a question as to using the telephoto lenses are Image stabilized. I will check out your links again, Thank you.

I saw numerous videos on changing from camera to camera did not transfer the current settings. I might be wrong. It shouldn't be an issue using Auto settings, which I rarely do.
The three cameras are completely separate.
Changing settings for one, makes no difference to the other cameras.
I do have a question as to using the telephoto lenses are Image stabilized. I will check out your links again, Thank you.
The gimbal is the only stabilisation.
It gets pretty good results.
These examples were shot while in flight in breezy conditions:
DJI_20231021123828_0082a-X3.jpg

DJI_20240103180703_0004a-X3.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member