Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Hume Castle, Kelso - 4K

AlbionDrones

Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
4K A flying visit to Hume Castle, Kelso, Scotland - September 2022

My maiden name is Hulme, and my paternal family believed that we were an offshoot of Clan Home (both names are pronounced Hume), I have traced my paternal ancestors back to Henrie Hulme of Cheshire born in 1540, and not yet found a link, but the Clan have welcomed me as an affiliate - even if I cannot claim direct lineage.

After making a leather bag - pictured on the frontispiece of this video - for the Clan Hume Association - for their Gathering fundraising auction - we took a rather long day trip up to Hume (and Wedderburn) in the Borders of Scotland to drop off the bag, and also to do some sightseeing and fly our drone at some of the great castles of the Scottish Borders. Making the leather bag took 18 hrs of work, a real labour of love, but I had offered, and true to the Clan motto, 'True to the End', I had to deliver!

Although perhaps a little overlong for the current Hume Castle - which is more of a folly than a true castle, being rebuilt on the foundations of the much earlier stronghold in the 1800's - I found the music and didnt want to shorten it, plus having a standard speed pan around the castle works for me, and for those I am sharing it with, the Clan Home Association.

We managed to capture Drone footage of 2 more stunning Border Castles, both of which will be edited and shared this week, thankfully the wind at the other 2 Castles was a lot less fierce than at Hume, which tested our little MINI 3 Pro out quite nicely - and I have to say I am even more impressed with it now!

Well done. The location and castle site is beautiful and you showed it well. It wasn't too long for me.
Thanks Geoff, it is great footage, all the more so as I was getting occassional high wind warnings from the MINI 3 Pro telling me autoreturn home wasnt working, but it handled it really well... I was conscious of being downwind, just in case it got any strnger though..

Beautifully flown. Perfect light. Awesome location. Great music.

The Mini 3 continues to amaze. Can't wait for mine to get back.
Thanks, tbh the footage I got from Fatlips is even better - or at least I think it is...

Thanks Geoff, it is great footage, all the more so as I was getting occassional high wind warnings from the MINI 3 Pro telling me autoreturn home wasnt working, but it handled it really well... I was conscious of being downwind, just in case it got any strnger though..
The video is very smooth. Would not have known it was so windy to get warnings. I fly an air 2 and think twice before flying in strong winds. I might have to get a bit more adventurous. We were lucky to get a trip to Scotland in 2019; such a beautiful country. (MacDonald and McKenzie heritage.)

Reactions: AlbionDrones
The video is very smooth. Would not have known it was so windy to get warnings. I fly an air 2 and think twice before flying in strong winds. I might have to get a bit more adventurous. We were lucky to get a trip to Scotland in 2019; such a beautiful country. (MacDonald and McKenzie heritage.)
Thanks, the smoothness is all down to the awesome technology of the MINI 3 Pro of course :)

We love Scotland, its only 2 hrs from home to the border, so is doable for a day out, and we go 2 or 3 times a year on holiday. Can't wait to get back up there now I have the drone... Off to Tomatin in October, so autumn colours in the highlands and a drone - although we are with friends, so Drone flying isnt going to be the main reason we are there this time... Have plans to revisit all the areas we have been to before with the Drone and try to get some good footage... May have to persuade hubby to allow me to invest in a second drone, something larger that will work in higher winds, but I shall be keeping the MINI 3 Pro anyway..

Reactions: Geofff
That is a very nice location. I like the history behind the castle in relation to you, that is awesome. I wish you had put some of that in the video! The song is a good choice as well. Well done.

Reactions: AlbionDrones
That is a very nice location. I like the history behind the castle in relation to you, that is awesome. I wish you had put some of that in the video! The song is a good choice as well. Well done.
Thanks, this was in the first 5 weeks of having the drone, so a lot of learning going on, I could have addedthe history, but at the time I didn't think of it :)

Thanks for watching and commenting :)

Reactions: aeciolemos
Beautiful video and smooth movements.

You can slightly increase the color saturation during video edition to enable the colors pop out.
Thank you... When this was filmed I had been flying and editing video form only 5 weeks or so, hence still finding my feet... That was almost 12 months ago now, take a look at some of my more recent video and you will see I think I have sorted the colour issue :)

Thanks for watching and commenting :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots