DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 The beautiful little, but improbably named, 'Fatlips Castle', Scottish Borders

AlbionDrones

Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
Another oldie today, from September 2022, the unbelievably named 'Fatlips Castle'.

This was only 6 to 8 weeks into our drone flying, and perhaps the very first time I felt happy with what I captured, yet unlike yesterdays Dolwydellan Castle, this was completed with no planning involved, on a daytrip to the Borders to drop off a tooled leather Clan Home bag I had made for their gathering auction. We saw the castle from across the valley and detoured to try and capture it...

Simply filmed, with little editing, a moment of serenity...

Well done! As for editing, sometimes less is more. No transitions every couple of seconds. Cheers.
Thank you.. Yeah, I know the theory of 6 seconds attention span - and often break that rule of thumb - but when you have an awesome subject then it should be seen for as long as is needed... I tend to edit to the music now, so the length f the video will be determined by the length of the music...

Reactions: Yogi053
Very nice, I would add that once you’ve done one rotation of the castle to focus in on some detail, get as close as you can, breeze past the turrets, climb up an edge to show the stone, then the roof and the view beyond.

Reactions: AlbionDrones
Very nice, I would add that once you’ve done one rotation of the castle to focus in on some detail, get as close as you can, breeze past the turrets, climb up an edge to show the stone, then the roof and the view beyond.
Thank you... As this was only 8 weeks into owning and flying a drone I was just happy to be capuring something so smoothly... Nowadays - 16 months on - I would be looking at alternative views and moves to add some variety...

I wish I could say that I can fly as well now, but I cannot say that. Your videos are extraordinary. As for the subject, it is not what I think of as a 'castle'. Walt Disney messed up the meaning of castle over here. Thanks for posting!

I wish I could say that I can fly as well now, but I cannot say that. Your videos are extraordinary. As for the subject, it is not what I think of as a 'castle'. Walt Disney messed up the meaning of castle over here. Thanks for posting!
Thanks for watching and commenting Jim... Yes, more of a towerhouse than a larger castle, but still counts as a Castle.. I would love to live somewhere like that, but sadly the interior floors are all gone, it is a shell with a turret staircase, but still, a magnificent building...

Last edited:
Loved it

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_