DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Humidity and Mavic

1dr1

Reactions
I've been doing almost all my flying in the desert where it's quite dry. Now, on this trip to Florida, I get hit with humidity, especially early in the morning.

I'm wanting to do some sunrise shots, but am concerned about condensation mucking with the electronics and camera lens. I'll keep the Mavic in the trunk of the rental car so I won't be bringing it out of an air conditioned hotel room.

Should I be concerned or just go out and get my shots?

Go out and get your shots :)
Humidity levels even in Florida are not going to affect the Mavic.

So far no humidity issues with my Mavic. Just don't fly it straight from the fridge or you will get condensation.

I know this is an old thread, but I was doing a Google search in regards to the effects of humidity on the M2P i recently acquired. I live near Houston, Texas, USA. Much of the year our temps are 80 degrees F (26.7C). It may not be the case, but I have been told that Houston is the most "Air Conditioned" city on earth. If one departs from a humidty controlled environment where the temperature is set around 72 degrees F (22.2 C) into 90% humidty and a temp above that mentioned one will have to wait until the temperature of the camera internals and lens are no longer fogged up. Sometimes that may take 10 minutes. That quick shot may just not be there.
Ask me how I know! LOL

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NIKLM