DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hyperlaps Shuts down video . . eh?

Cookedinlh

Reactions
It seems the only way to use some advanced modes like course lock is in Hyperlapse . . if I select the video and try to courselock ( the only way seems to be inside hyperlapse) then it automatically switches to the still camera . . go back to video and there's no course lock . . .What am I missing?

Don't think you are missing anything, that is the ways thing are for now.

Hyperlapse is time lapse photography. It has to use the photo mode of the camera to take the stills, then it makes a slow-mo video out of the stills.

Course-lock as a flight mode as we're accustomed to is not yet available in M2. I thought I heard it was missing in the recent flavors of M1 or P4 at least for a while.

Unfortunate . . course lock is a valuable mode for video and should be available in normal and tripod settings. Let's hope they find time to fix that soon. . . I'm finding lots of annoying issues with Crystal Sky monitor compatibility too . . but that's life on the bleeding edge I guess. Love the zoom and the and Pro . . .well built machines both

Unfortunate . . course lock is a valuable mode for video and should be available in normal and tripod settings. Let's hope they find time to fix that soon. . . I'm finding lots of annoying issues with Crystal Sky monitor compatibility too . . but that's life on the bleeding edge I guess. Love the zoom and the and Pro . . .well built machines both

If you want it now there is always Litchi.

I don't think it will be available in tripod mode, as it is an intelligent flight mode, and those are only enabled in P node.

If you want it now there is always Litchi.
Yea . . I have litchi and it still seems to have a few things to clean up . . . and not happy about how CS deals with Mav2. . I'm back to using my iPhone6S+ now and it seems more reliable

Yea . . I have litchi and it still seems to have a few things to clean up . . . and not happy about how CS deals with Mav2. . I'm back to using my iPhone6S+ now and it seems more reliable

I’m curious what issues you are having with the CS. I have been using mine with the M2P and had no issues.

CS will not update software on the Mavic 2 Pro or Zoom. It will not reliably LINK to the bird without fiddling with the connector wire . .( iphone no problem) Sometimes it says there is no network available when My iphone hotspot is live . until I exit and restart my iphone. Maps are visible sometime and most of the time BLANK . . stuff like that

And yesterday during a two hr shoot it simply gave up in mid flight. The scene froze and I was not able to recover with out rebooting the CS. Fortunately it did not interfere with control and I was able to bring the Mavic home. That kinda runied the shot since I was only a few min into that battery . . apparently my video was still recording fine but the CS monitor was unresponsive so I flew it home manually . . shut down and finished the next 2 runs with my iPhone. I think they have some compatibility issues with Mav2 alright.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54