DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I bought 2 new Mavic 2 Pro batteries and curious about if I should charge them up now or wait?

MavicFlyer2

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Hello....with the Mavic 2 Pro battery starting to become harder to find I bought 2 new ones. I opened the box, looked them over, checked if there was any charge in them by pushing the top button and no green indicator lights came on. I'm assuming there in hibernation?
I don't need them yet I have 3 batteries that are working fine so is it okay to just leave them alone for now? I won't be using them for some time and don't know when I'll have to start using them. Thank you

@MavicFlyer2 personally for me having several batteries means that by rotating their use then the number of flights per battery is reduced overall,so for 100 flights 5 batteries would give an average of 20 flights per battery ,its something that only you can decide about really ,even though they are in what appears to be hibernation mode at the moment,that does not mean that at some point they could reach a very low charge level which may cause them permanent damage ,because the individual cell voltages have dropped

Reactions: MavicFlyer2
@MavicFlyer2 personally for me having several batteries means that by rotating their use then the number of flights per battery is reduced overall,so for 100 flights 5 batteries would give an average of 20 flights per battery ,its something that only you can decide about really ,even though they are in what appears to be hibernation mode at the moment,that does not mean that at some point they could reach a very low charge level which may cause them permanent damage ,because the individual cell voltages have dropped
Thank you for the advice and I wasn't sure and sure hope that hasn't happened to them already. No green lights appear when I push the bitton on top.

Reactions: old man mavic
I would be inclined to email DJI, send them the serial numbers, ask DJI if they can tell your the production dates and the shelf life of the 'shipped from the factory" hibernation mode.
A battery's production date is available in the .txt flight log and from memory in the App......but ....you'd have to charge the battery to access that information ....which defeats the object of the exercise lol.

If nothing else, knowing the shelf life would be useful.

I would be inclined to email DJI, send them the serial numbers, ask DJI if they can tell your the production dates and the shelf life of the 'shipped from the factory" hibernation mode.
The production date is available in the .txt flight log and from memory in the App......but ....you'd have to charge the battery to access that information ....which defeats the object of the exercise lol.
Thank you and I'll get them on the charger and charge to full charge. I already have the setting on the controller set to the 10 day discharge but will have to update them also. Might as well just get it done with.

Last edited:
Reactions: old man mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danyjames_