DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I can't reach my bird anymore

I don't really know how I brought it back the first time. This is frustrating and shouldn't be happening. Not sure what exact steps to unbrick it, if there were any, or if it just somehow magically came back on its' own. So maybe that wasn't it at all. Because the one time I was flying it, and then the next time it wouldn't fly like it has returned back to now.

Last edited:
Why does the Mavic have two different USB IDs? One for the secret mode that connects to DJI Assistant/SP/adb and another one for the Windows Disk Drive. Why not just leave it turned on like a normal Android device?

I can hear the Ultra sounds going. But if something went wrong with the downward sensors and it won't work in DJI Assistant 2, maybe there is something wrong with them.

I still haven't quite figured out whether I've gotten rid of the yaw drift yet. Windy as hell and that seems to cancel the drift by itself (or at least make it less noticable when the bird is working to keep itself in one spot).

Have you tried further (phantomhelp ?) to get a flight log with your concerns ?
Think you gave up on that, but worth pursuing as it's the ONLY way to try and work out issues as such, rather than wild guesses.

If you start your motors with current issues and let it idle a bit (you can do this without props for safety), then it will record a flight log too, which might give useful sensor / other errors if present.

I think you mentioned dumbledore in one of your posts (?), if so not sure how older or hacked software might affect anything to do with the aircraft and flight logs.

RC problems connecting from day 1.

I just tried to turn it on. No comms until it finally decides to get out of boot loop or whatever it's doing. Do I have to go through this every day?

I couldn't get into ADB because SP wants a Windows 10 machine and I was trying to do it on a Windows 8 machine. No wonder I couldn't get through with that. So now we can get adb on Windows 10 machine. Apparently the Windows 10 has the newer adb drivers and Windows 8 doesn't or something like that even though there is a ADB driver package.

Did a refresh on the firmware and looks like we got OPTI mode back. I saw it show up. Maybe the bird is ready to fly again just like it is supposed to.

There's a possibility that when DUMLdore wouldn't connect on Windows 8 that it was leaving the AC in a weird state.

Well I went through an exercise of everything that could go wrong there.

Looks like we have the bird flying again.

So yes, the up and down floating was because the OPTI quit for some reason to the point that if GPS wasn't getting a fix we had full ATTI mode going. Looks like we have everything back flying the way it should.

Last edited:
Have you tried further (phantomhelp ?) to get a flight log with your concerns ?
Think you gave up on that, but worth pursuing as it's the ONLY way to try and work out issues as such, rather than wild guesses.

If you start your motors with current issues and let it idle a bit (you can do this without props for safety), then it will record a flight log too, which might give useful sensor / other errors if present.

I think you mentioned dumbledore in one of your posts (?), if so not sure how older or hacked software might affect anything to do with the aircraft and flight logs.
The SP allows me to use the Galileo satellites, which has doubled my GPS reception. It is worth doing for that alone.

I was able to figure it out without the flight records, and to some point, some of those errors may not even show up in the flight records.

After all of that, it looks like the bird still has drift and the camera shakes like crazy when I do any kind of stopping or starting. Looking back at some previous footage, it looks like the camera started doing some kind of shaking before I did the IMU & gimbal recalibration (and changed the ribbon). Gimbal recalibration completes, but isn't working quite right. So I guess I'll have to replace just the gimbal unit with a preinstalled ribbon as the lens is still working.

Does anybody know about the status light (red/yellow/green) still blinking on the bird (not the battery) after you turn the battery off? Is that the battery or the motherboard doing that? Could be an indicator my motherboard has a problem. Have noticed it on occasion.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots