DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I crashed my Mavic :(

First of all, sorry this happened, but having watched your videos, I appreciate your willingness to fly so close to the treetops.

Second, and this is probably a dumb question because you appear to be a lot more experienced at video editing that I am, but rather than use sport mode, why not just speed up the videos during editing?
I have thought of that too, but when you speed up a video you can see that it was not filmed that way... Although in one of my videos first minute 24th second, I do speed up the video, not for effect, but just because if it were at normal speed it would be boring...

I have thought of that too, but when you speed up a video you can see that it was not filmed that way... Although in one of my videos first minute 24th second, I do speed up the video, not for effect, but just because if it were at normal speed it would be boring...
Gotcha. It’s obvious in mine because it looks like the cars are going 200 mph....

Reactions: MKurr
I tried filling out that form, but it was for repair, not replacement. I don't know how I can use the one replacement I have left if the form says I can only get a replacement within 15 days of delivery (obviously for those who don't have care refresh)... Maybe I am just doing something wrong....

Thank you! I just submitted everything... Now I just have to send off my drone and wait....

Been there, done that...too! Just be patient with DJI. They will have you up and flying again soon. (Weekends and holidays delay total time from door to door delivery). If your serial number has an "X" or a "R" when you receive it back from DJI, it was repaired (per the service rep). They were gracious enough to give me a new MP2 and battery. (**flying into bright sunlight with a misty fog present were conditions that overloaded the sensors in my mishap/crash).

Good luck

It sounds like you're covered then. Beware the trees when you get your replacement ;)
When I got my first replacement I was very careful, only flying at high altitude... etc. After a while though I again started flying lower and taking more risks. Although this crash was actually not supposed to be a tree dodging expedition, I just looked away for a moment and it crashed...

Been there, done that...too! Just be patient with DJI. They will have you up and flying again soon. (Weekends and holidays delay total time from door to door delivery). If your serial number has an "X" or a "R" when you receive it back from DJI, it was repaired (per the service rep). They were gracious enough to give me a new MP2 and battery. (**flying into bright sunlight with a misty fog present were conditions that overloaded the sensors in my mishap/crash).

Good luck
I don't think they can repair my mavic.... I hope they replace it.

DJI will do whatever is cheaper AND keeps their liability to a minimum. Let us know how things work out for you. Flying a drone low and fast is like motorcycle racing...it's not IF you are ever going to crash, it's WHEN you will. (been there, done that too!! And still ride/race...a bit slower now)

DJI will do whatever is cheaper AND keeps their liability to a minimum. Let us know how things work out for you. Flying a drone low and fast is like motorcycle racing...it's not IF you are ever going to crash, it's WHEN you will. (been there, done that too!! And still ride/race...a bit slower now)
Do you think I should sell the replacement drone and buy the Mavic 2 pro?

When you get your replacement, try turning off your anti-collision sensors and you will get a speed between P and S mode without the over-sensitive stick inputs of Sport mode. Also remember the pause button on the RC. It is like an emergency brake and is the fastest way to stop. I stuck a small button on mine to make it easier for my thumb to find it.

You can actually tone down stick sensitivity by adjusting the exponential setting in The Go app. There are YouTube videos on it.

First of all, sorry this happened, but having watched your videos, I appreciate your willingness to fly so close to the treetops.

Second, and this is probably a dumb question because you appear to be a lot more experienced at video editing that I am, but rather than use sport mode, why not just speed up the videos during editing?

May depend on what one is shooting, a moving train, car, motorcycle, mountain biker downhill.....You may need the speed just to keep up, let alone speeding up the footage.
You can always tell when the footage is "speed up....

But yes, back to the trees.........drones.....their number one food group.....

Do you think I should sell the replacement drone and buy the Mavic 2 pro?
Considering the image quality/resolution of the MP2 and what DJI is offering (via their trade-in program) with the last generation "like new" Mavics, it might be a good time to upgrade. There are a lot of people who want a drone but are constrained to modest budget. Your drone is for them, if you decide to upgrade. You will be happy you did. Good luck

May depend on what one is shooting, a moving train, car, motorcycle, mountain biker downhill.....You may need the speed just to keep up, let alone speeding up the footage.
You can always tell when the footage is "speed up....

But yes, back to the trees.........drones.....their number one food group.....
So, freakin' true!

It's not a tree harvester lol - couldn't resist - sorry !!!

I only use sport mode if I need to get back home in the wind.

Sorry for your loss !!!

When you get your replacement, try turning off your anti-collision sensors and you will get a speed between P and S mode without the over-sensitive stick inputs of Sport mode. Also remember the pause button on the RC. It is like an emergency brake and is the fastest way to stop. I stuck a small button on mine to make it easier for my thumb to find it.

I have asked about this before but received no responses....... Is using the pause button hard on the drone?? Is the drone designed to be flown hard in sports mode? or is it more similar to squealing tires and quick starts/stops are hard on a car?

Even when you stop hard just in sports mode without the pause buton, the drone also almost flips over trying to stop... And yes, I think it's not very good for the drone... Also in the effort it sometimes goes sideways and back, which can lead to a crash...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeaconB