DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I crashed the drone - it survived but WHY has it crashed?

karusz

Reactions
I crashed my Mavick Air while using Target Mode Circle flight function. It worries me a lot- the drone survived but I do not understand how this could happen. I have a recording from this crash. It was flying down so it could see (there were no sun, and good visibility) - and flying down it hit the small tree (probably leaves but not sure) crashed completely , the rotor was blocked and the drone crashed into the grass! Why?

Yea, no need for log files on that. No sideway sensors. Make sure your area is completely clear before doing Boomerang, circle modes etc. Can't say that I haven't done that before, ;) don't feel bad hope its ok.

Reactions: donaldy2512
First time I tried this mode my hands were glued on the controller. Especially the helix mode which expands its radius, where I had to intervene to avoid exactly this.
Top tip, test the flightmode first with the controller in your hand in areas like this. If it succeeds without any near misses, you can do it again while putting the controller down.

Reactions: JSKCKNIT and karusz
First time I tried this mode my hands were glued on the controller. Especially the helix mode which expands its radius, where I had to intervene to avoid exactly this.
Top tip, test the flightmode first with the controller in your hand in areas like this. If it succeeds without any near misses, you can do it again while putting the controller down.
This.

AND

Don't do it in proximity to trees or any other objects.

Find a WIDE OPEN area.

I parked my car on a hill and left it in neutral and did not engage the hand-brake. Why did it roll down hill and crash ?
If you can send us your drivelog, the experts can take a look at it. ;)
Did you make sure the steering wheel was calibrated? Also make sure that the app prompts "The parking spot has been updated, please check it on the map"

If you can send us your drivelog, the experts can take a look at it. ;)
Did you make sure the steering wheel was calibrated? Also make sure that the app prompts "The parking spot has been updated, please check it on the map"

I bet he parked, then walked beyond VLOS and lost connection. Then the car just tried to RTH. clearly "pilot" error. If he can recover it and has CAR-care he can probably get a refurbished unit. @steer104 can probably analyse the logs. :p

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suilven