DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I crashed the drone - it survived but WHY has it crashed?

I bet he parked, then walked beyond VLOS and lost connection. Then the car just tried to RTH. clearly "pilot" error. If he can recover it and has CAR-care he can probably get a refurbished unit. @steer104 can probably analyse the logs. :p

The unit survived and is very well. It was all soft and we had some luck:)!

A new pilot makes a mistake, crashes his drone, comes here to ask a question because he's not sure what he did wrong. Even though it's obvious to many here what went wrong and why, I'm surprised at the amount of sarcasm and snide demeaning comments directed at him.

Come on people, everyone was a newbie once and everyone makes mistakes. I guess for some people it's easier to be a smart @ss than to be helpful.

Reactions: mijac and ksmusa
A new pilot makes a mistake, crashes his drone, comes here to ask a question because he's not sure what he did wrong. Even though it's obvious to many here what went wrong and why, I'm surprised at the amount of sarcasm and snide demeaning comments directed at him.

Come on people, everyone was a newbie once and everyone makes mistakes. I guess for some people it's easier to be a smart @ss than to be helpful.
Hey, the OP set it up, we’re just batting it straight back! There was plenty of advice in amongst the sarcasm, hopefully he, and others, will learn from it!

The guy in black never even unfolded his hands as it went closer to the trees. That’s what I call confidence in a product.

Reactions: JDawg
Good to hear! Hopefully you saw that, although you have been the subject of some light-hearted banter, there was also some good advice

Nah this was far different. You could see the area was an issue for that shot and he dropped the controller. This is a way different experience.

Yea! You dodged a bullet there! For future autonomous flights, set a slow speed and have your finger over the pause button if you are even close to obstacles. Once verified the path is clear, then you can run it faster if you want.

Yea! You dodged a bullet there! For future autonomous flights, set a slow speed and have your finger over the pause button if you are even close to obstacles. Once verified the path is clear, then you can run it faster if you want.

Is there any influence on speed of those automatic operations?

You can set the speed of some (like orbit), control the speed in some (like spotlight), or have quasi-control of speed (like follow me).

Friendly advise:

1 - RTF manual
2 - Check the craft for firmware updates and calibrations if needed
3 - Find a wide open area to fly regularly
4 - LEARN TO FLY in beginner mode
5 - Fly a while in normal mode
6 - Try out the auto modes while keeping your fingers on the controls.

And read the manual again and again.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes